***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

National Meet Thread Discussion Thread

Join In On Cruises, Meets, Events & Car Shows.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

National Meet Thread Discussion Thread

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Welcome to the ClubCj National Meet Discussion Thread.

For more information and details about the actual meet, please visit post 2.

For new ClubCj Members- A National Meet is when Club members from different states in Australia either drive or fly to a holiday destination in a particular state, chosen by popular vote.

We aim for 4 star houses which can accommodate at least 10-20 people. with each member paying their share of the full price for accommodation, in return we all end up having fun doing a variety of activites (Based on the location). Standard activities include BBQs, Go Karting and of course, cruising around the area.

Our most recent National Meets as of 2013 were:

South Australia - Hosted by Shamoo of South Australia, created a National Meet in Mount Gambier which sits on the border of SA and VIC. In the end, it became a SA, VIC and NSW meet as I went down myself from Sydney by car.
Features of this National meet included 30km worth of unmonitored road and we were in an isolated location at Carpenter Rocks.

QLD Gold Coast - The 2014 National meet was the Gold Coast. Hosted by myself and ashleymorris, we got NSW, SA and VIC (Tbomb) to go up to QLD to a 4 star house which blew the mind of some members.

We did a cruise created by Sleeper which had one of the best roads up in QLD. Go Karting activities, entering the Gold Coast city as a cruise and of course BBQs and Fast and the Furious. Alcohol was involved and penalties taken place to "those" *cough* me who did not watch Fast and the Furious series by a deadline and chucked into a pool.

National meets are a great opportunity to meet other people and put faces to names on the club. It is a friendly environment and of course there is fooood and alcohol. We want to ensure that all members are felt welcome and everyone is to have fun!

Disclaimer - Coming on a ClubCj National Meet there are certain guidelines and rules that you must follow. By attending a National meet you will:

1. Not promote any form of hooning in town or in the local area.
2. Not Rev your car in a quiet neighbour hood (as it attracts cops). Unless location is isolated.
3. Not make any alterations or changes to another members car (Vinyls & Stickers excepted)
4. Not isolate or discriminate any other member
5. Not make a mess of the house and expect everyone else to clean up after you.
6. Not do burnouts or anything illegal on cruise days with newly met members (If there are new members)
7. Not wake people up between 12am and 6am in the morning. Unless stated otherwise
8. Not steal anything from the places we stay at.
9. Not perform anything stupid that may result injury or death. This includes when being intoxicated.

Members will:

1. (Strictly) Pay their share of the accommodation costs. Costs will work based on the offer provided by the house or location.
For example, if the house is $2000 for 5 days, divide that by 15, you will be 1 of the 15 paying their share of the house.
It is compulsory for anyone who attends will be entitled to this.

Accommodation costs range from $75 - $200(Max) depending on location. Mt Gambier was $75 Per person, and Gold Coast 2014
was around the $200 mark. However that includes 3-4 nights. So it's not bad.

2. Agree to have responsibility for anything broken in the house (plants, tvs, vases etc)
3. Contribute to dinner payments. Breakfast and Lunch will be determined before the event.
4. Are permitted to prank as long as it doesn't end in something breaking or ending in death.
5. Drink. Alcohol is definitely permitted at a National Meets. But please do not go overboard.
6. Understand that they are not entitled to stay at the house / villa if payments have not gone through.
7. Understand / agree that registration will be processed and organised by the organiser (2015: Metalstrix)
8. Understand that, if the house capacity is full, anyone else who would like to come along will have to book their own accommodation.
9. Understand that there needs to be a balance of interstate attendees and host state attendees. (That's why it's a nat meet)

Although the above sounds serious, just use common sense and don't do anything stupid and you will be fine.
What happens when any of the above happens? Basically, it means you will not be allowed to attend the next National meet
if these policies are clearly ignored.
Last edited by Metalstrix on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:15 am, edited 39 times in total.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

National Meet Details

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

[√] How a National meet works:

Like piracy (Codex of Pirates), the activities we do are based on popular vote. Locations are based on popular vote. The voting system is quite useful as everyone gets to have their say. But just note that not all opinions and suggestions will be implemented. However, it doesn't mean we can't try something. We might find something at the destination that we didn't know about and take part in it. Being spontaneous is an option during these meets.

Meets will usually be held in primarily in South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland where the ClubCJ numbers are a lot higher. As much as we would like to do NT, TAS and WA, it is more "feasible" to have a national meet in these states. However TAS will be a future Nat meet but must be organised a lot earlier.

_______-------*******2015 Nataional Meet Details*******-------_______

Primary State:
Substitute States:
Date:
Destination:
Airport Available:

Standard Activities:
- Leisure / Relax
- Garage Spot Trivia (Coming soon!) - Because garage spots are limited, you will all have to use your clubcj history knowledge
to answer some particular questions. How the game works will be decided.
- Mountain Cruise / Cruising (Track suggested by Darrly)
- BBQs
- Explore (Activities to be discussed at destination)
- Drink nights!
- Movies

Down below are the following steps to organising a meet. Please note, this is subject to change.

1. Choose state
2. Choose Destination
3. Vote / Find house, Date and determine payments and numbers
4. Open invites to attend <-----
5. Pay Bonds
6. Final payments
7. Play the waiting game.

----Comments from Organiser ---- 28/12/2014
Last edited by Metalstrix on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am, edited 43 times in total.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:56 pm

*cough* everyone come to tassie *cough* :P :P
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm

What about Bega way...? haven't been there for many years, but was quite nice from memory...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm

xhk126 wrote:If people are willing to go a little less luxury & camp I can reccomend a number of towns on the Murray River. If you still want luxury then south coast FTW.

Added to the list.

Zaphod wrote:So we have to isolate and discriminate other members then... :-)

You are very clever ;) I changed it

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm

i vote tasmaina !!! amazing roads !!! OMFG so wanna drive thoes road in the rs250 .... amazing photo oppertunities
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:30 pm

The sidling and st Mary's pass and all the targa roads are amazing ;) not only that, the west coast also has some amazing roads as well! :3
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 pm

NSW is way to far for me. Pitty there is no decent central location to everyone.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm

eyre rock ... cant get any more central than that
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Yeah except you need somewhere with decent roads, and that is all just flat, horrible roads, lots of sand and rocks to strop your paint.

1 thing tho, I wouldn't be going without a car again, was great to meet everyone, but not being at the wheel on the cruise, killed it.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Tassie and Targa !!! I've alwAys to go!!!!!!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Great Ocean Road. Let's do this.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Oooo that's a beauty and I know some super spots off tourist track. I spent 2 weeks doing this road from Melbourne to Adelaide and took every lil road off main one and documented a few spots!
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Return to “Interstate ClubCJ Cruises, Meets & Events”