***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

National Meet Thread Discussion Thread

Join In On Cruises, Meets, Events & Car Shows.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 pm

South Coast is Ulladulla or Bateman's Bay. Bega is bumfuck nowhere and next to Hay in terms of possible activities.

I don't understand why Tassie was 86'ed; likelywise Jindabyne. Now I don't understand how 'South Coast' suggestion turned into 'Bega'.

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 pm

BZC-45S wrote:South Coast is Ulladulla or Batemans Bay. Bega is bumfuck nowhere and next to Hay in terms of possible activities. I dont understand why Tassie was 86ed; likelywise Jindabyne. Now I dont understand how South Coast suggestion turned into Bega.

+ 1 Jindabyne - lots of amazing roads around there, beautiful scenery, fishing and lots of other activities to do
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 pm

I'll happily go to Jindabyne, but it seems everyone was too ready to complain about the cold, rather than explore the great roads & accommodation, so it got nixed (possibly due to the belief that there would be snow in April... really...)

*facepalm*
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 am

Zaphod wrote:Ill happily go to Jindabyne, but it seems everyone was too ready to complain about the cold, rather than explore the great roads & accommodation, so it got nixed (possibly due to the belief that there would be snow in April... really...) *facepalm*

Yes Martin we missed out on some awesome roads around there.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

Ill reconsider jindabyne
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 am

I agree with you... it is meant to be a "GROUP" decision, but dw the meet will most prob be on my backyard , i'll still plan to go to Tazz as once discussed with u, and bring a couple ccj ppl

I have no idea what this is all about... >.>

@Mystique
National meets are generally voted by groups of people or through discussion. There's a willing to pay element with tassy as we have to get on the spirit of tasmania and make it down there. At this point, more research needs to done in order to get down there. It's very pricy too from what I've heard.

Trust me would love to do Tassy, but it's not feasiable at this point. I don't know when I said "Private groups" in regards to tassy, but looking at it from a third person perspective, private group is a little smaller and as a nat meet, can't involve other states.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Metalstrix wrote:Ill reconsider jindabyne

YAY!!!

i really think this would be the best NSW location for a national meet
Boost life scrambles the brain

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm

What Josh said.

Tomo - don't mention snow! :-)
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:34 pm

I believe i jumped a step ahead instead of checking with everyone else. Soz lol.

I'll be putting up another poll. Next poll will be the official "Location" as we've already decided we're doing a NSW Nat meet.

*Ps, thank god I put "subject to change" ;)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Mystique wrote:[quote:eb46213b47=Sven247]Although NSW is winning (atm) I vote Tasmania. P.s good shots of the nation meet! esp the 1 of Tim & timmy :P[/quote:eb46213b47] Oh plz. Tasmania doesnt have 98 octane ;) Jkjk. But seriously. I feel that the words Private group are getting thrown around a little too much to be honest with you. Not only that, Isnt this supposed to be a group decision, not just one person who seems to be making decisions?! Dont worry Steve :D I think there was talk earlier this year about the Vic peeps making a trip over to Tassie (However I havent heard anything else at this stage), but Ill keep you posted ;) ;)
sorry to change topic .... but you have no 98 ??? how do your tubos work over there lol ... but thaks for usings my edited pic much <3
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Sven247
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Sven247 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:25 pm

So.... what your saying is if more than 50% of people voted for Tasmania.... you wouldn't allow it???

if that's the case, so much for "what the people want"
"Slaves Shall Serve"

"Honourary SA Member #2 "

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Sven247 wrote:So.... what your saying is if more than 50% of people voted for Tasmania.... you wouldnt allow it??? if thats the case, so much for what the people want

Invalid question and comment.

I said that if people are 'willing to pay' for the extra costs such as the spirit of tasmania plus the highway petrol costs, then I would consider making a Tasmania nat meet. But because I "know" (by asking) that many people wouldn't pay that extra cost (except a few Victorians) it is not possible to do a National Meet. On top of this, I also said that going in a small group (maybe of 4-5) would increase the likeliness of going and not involving other states.

Don't know if you have noticed, when it comes to nat meets, I'm a realistic thinker and not someone who will set something up and watch it fail. And re think your comments before posting.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 pm

New polls up guys.

Ensure to reach post 2 for information on the two choices.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Sven247 wrote:So.... what your saying is if more than 50% of people voted for Tasmania.... you wouldnt allow it??? if thats the case, so much for what the people want

Tasmania is beautiful, great roads, but thoroughly impractical unless you're flying down. Geographically, south-western NSW is central to SA, Vic, NSW and 'do-able' from SEQ - Tasmania is by and large inaccessible without great expense.

Everyone has, by and large, settled on somewhere in the bottom-half of NSW, so why raise such a spurious comment at this stage - no-one's stopping you or anyone going to Tasmania, and if the costs involved come down - right down, then I'm sure it would be a viable option, but as yet it isn't.

If you're unhappy with J or J, skip this meet and lobby for Tasmania next time...

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Please post constructive comments Steve, this is unwarranted and does not help planning move forward.

The state for the next National Meet has been chosen, the people have already spoken.

Return to “Interstate ClubCJ Cruises, Meets & Events”