***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

National meet *GC* - April 2014 *DEBRIEF-PAGE 29*

Join In On Cruises, Meets, Events & Car Shows.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Poll ended at Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 am

Gold Coast
64%
Brisbane
18%
Other (specify)
18%

Total votes: 22

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 am

Thank you all for the weekend! Was really good, and we got to enjoy the Gold Coast at its finest especially for the Easter long weekend.

Was great to be able to put names to faces, and catching up with the NSW crew (since I've been working a lot).

Big thanks to Ash & Tom for organising the house, and Steve (sleeper) for organising that scenic trip through the mountains.

Will be uploading photos/video shortly!

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 am

Excellent weekend guys, hope you all had fun over the Easter weekend, I sure did!

Was a good chance to put names to faces and finally meet a lot of you guys in person! Also was good to see both Steve and Tom again! :D

Thanks for an awesome weekend and thanks Tom and Steve for driving us around on Saturday by allowing Kayla and I to be passenger for the day!

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks everyone, was glad I went, and thankful for the people that stayed at the house, and that I meet were great company, didn't take fotos, so looking forward to see everyone else's fotos :D
Boost life scrambles the brain

Ian S
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Ian S » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Daughter and I still talking about that run through the hills, she'd had her licence a whole 6 weeks!
Kyle, can you send me that link for the kit we spoke about, she's itchin to do more now.

Cheers Ian

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:52 am

Hey guys

Just wanna say that this meet was really awesome and successful! Had so much fun. Stepping into QLD for the first time and putting faces to the Queenslanders that we speak to all the time online. It was great getting to know everyone too and their...living standards LOL! It was a great experience! :D No one got pulled over by police, no one got into accidents and no one got hurt! :)

Thanks everyone for coming as well and those who came farrr farr away to meet everyone at our house. Also, a huge thanks to people like Erin, Ken, Adam, heather etc who helped out with cleaning and cooking even though I said I would do it. You're all champions! You guys made the event more accommodating and easier to run.

As you all know, I was chucked into the pool for not watching F&F series but now that I've done 1 and 2, I'm on my way to finishing the rest.

I thought I would let you all know, that this is Ashley and I's first National Meet. We did our very best to get things organised for all of you to have fun & to ensure you all got your time moneys worth. It was hard work and I hope you all understand that minor mistakes can be made and of course, we learn from them. For example, we did make a few changes in meet up times, which is all part of planning and next time we'll have a more solid time table. In the end, we all had fun and did an awesome cruise made by sleeper who I thank after Justin for organising. It's the best road I've done in my time having a car! :)

I'm doing a self evaluation on the whole event so we avoid more problems. Remember everyone, this will NOT be the last National meet. The next one is most likely a NSW national meet since the demand is so high for that but maybe towards South NSW. When? To be continued!

The whole NSW crew made it back home safely from 10-11 hours of driving from the Gold Coast. One of the biggest trips this club has seen yet. If we can drive that far, everyone can LOL.

Again, thanks everyone for an awesome time.

For those who have Facebook, I've uploaded my half pictures and even a video that'll make you laugh.!

They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 am

was a really good meet u planned Ashley and tom was good to meet the rest of u had a really great time
andrew and I are heading back tonight did not want it to come to a end :D :)
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 am

was a really good meet u planned Ashley and tom was good to meet the rest of u had a really great time
andrew and I are heading back tonight did not want it to come to a end :D :)
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time 8)
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Sven247
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Sven247 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Ahhh so where do I Start?
Ian on that cruise, when I was behind you guys( on the way back) I do apologise if u and your Daughter felt I was putting pressure on you... I was in no rush and enjoying the cruise just as much as anyone else!!
( mind u I kept up with the Red Ralliart infront of me ;) ;) )

Many thanks to ash and tom, you guys did a great job of doing National meet!

Was nice to hang in the house with TIMMY ( u funny man! )
Josh's mates who were great entertainment, my fellow Adelaide friends! I hope to see u guys in August!

good to meet the QLD crew!
and thanks to all the house's for putting up with my EXPLOSIVE energy and ice-cream addiction ;)
hahah

last but not least, the whole "alan - steve " thing.... that got left behind at the house ;)
you guys crack me up!
Love you all ;)
"Slaves Shall Serve"

"Honourary SA Member #2 "

ashleymorris
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ashleymorris » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't think I can say any more than has already been said :P
I feel like the weekend was a great success, not just from our organising it but because of everyone who took the time off to take the drive up (or down ;)) or the flights up.

At the house we had:
4 SA members
1 VIC member
5 NSW members (and 3 non-members)
1 QLD member (and 1 non-member)
& 1 ACT member
So I'd say we had a pretty good turn out for our first go :)

As Tom said, there were some things that we could improve on like set times for activities, but for the locals who had a problem with that, you all just need to remember that the NSW members just drove 12 hours that Friday and I drove 21 hours over the Thursday and Friday sooo I think that us as a household asking for a couple more hours sleep wasn't that much to ask for.

I hope everyone had a great time, regardless :)
Can't wait for the next national meet ;)
Last edited by ashleymorris on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Sven247 wrote: mind u I kept up with the Red Ralliart infront of me ;) ;)

Was nice to hang in the house with TIMMY ( u funny man! ) Joshs mates who were great entertainment,

mind u I was right behind u :P and HOW DARE YOU!!! thank my mates but not me :(

ashleymorris wrote: At the house we had:
4 SA members
1 VIC member
5 NSW members (and 2 non-members)
1 QLD member (and 1 non-member)
& 1 ACT member

this does not include meth, how could u not include krystal meth, ha

Boost life scrambles the brain

ashleymorris
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ashleymorris » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Dammit I can't edit on my phone D:

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Josh, he didnt mention myself either.. relax your flaps...

Return to “Interstate ClubCJ Cruises, Meets & Events”