***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HELP! Wiring eBay fogs

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

HELP! Wiring eBay fogs

Postby Stalker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 am

Hi guys,

Need some help here. i bought a set of fogs with angel eyes on ebay. these did not come with OEM style switches and instead came with a little wired remote with 2 switches on it. now i want to wire it so that the angel eyes are permanently running (like DRLs). that part i think i can handle.

the part i will need help with is this. i bought a 99-03 galant fog light switch on ebay to wire the foglight on/off switch to. little did i know that this is a momentary pushbutton switch and not a rocker toggle switch. my question is this. how hard would it be to make this work using that switch? ive done a bit of googling and found it can be done using relays and such but i only have a very basic knowledge of electrical wiring. would it be easier for me to just try and find a toggle switch?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Much too difficult to turn a momentary switch into a rocker on/off.
Totally possible though.

Much simpler though to Just get a rocker:
http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/standard

Either 63026BL or 63027BL will do the job well. They fit in either of the blanks on either side of the AWS switch next to your steering wheel and look OEM with good LED switch on and off.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 pm

hi Ofey,

Thanks. any idea where i might be able to pick one up?

also another question. not really necessary but if it is possible id like to do it. im assuming the lancer would have a fog light signal on the dash. is it possible to wire it up to that?

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Here is a latching relay that would allow you to use the switch you bought

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#lsp (the grey knob looking thing in the diagram is your switch.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:15 pm

@Chubb: OMG! I love that diagram. Sacrifice 4 X Relays just to get this done!? Abit of a waste imho.

@Stalker: Narva switches can be found in any of Autobarn, Repco, SCA.

I'd also say yes to lighting up the fog light signal. But I'm not sure about where to tap wiring from. Need to look up the wiring diagrams to be sure.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:57 pm

LOL Chubb i like that site, and have used it before, but that is just ridiculas.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Does the job :P, I hope to find a single relay to do the job for me when I need it.

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

@Chubb: Yeah i did see that site but an electrician i am not lol i havent wired circuit boards since grade 10. i have found relays on ebay that should do the trick but they cost as much as a toggle switch so i may as well just get the right switch.

@Ofey: Thanks. I'll have a look at repco on the weekend. as for finding the right wire i do have the workshop manual so hopefully i can find it.

Thanks for all the help. Ill post it all up when im done. Have made quite a few changes to my car since i last posted here. Will put them all up probably on the weekend.

Return to “Electrical”