***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Windsheild Washer Jet Nozzle

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

unimarker
INACTIVE Member Account

Windsheild Washer Jet Nozzle

Postby unimarker » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi Guys

im not sure this is in the right spot or not??

ok so i have purchased a replacement set of Nozzles for my car and they have a blue light in them so they will match my car.

Now my question i put to anyone who can answer it for me is obviously the light requires power but is there a way that i can wire them in so that when i turn on my headlights that they come on aswell??

Or am i going to have to obtain power from somewhere and then somehow run wires into my car to a switch that will turn them on??

also on a side note, how do you get off the damper that is under the hood so i can see how to undo the nozzles and take them off? do the clips just pull off or is there a special way to get them off??

any help that you can give me while i wait for these things to come from China will be so appriciated.

Many thanks in advance!!

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Are these legal to have in TAS whist driving?

Anyway you just need to tap into power at your headlight sockets & run a positive tail into your nozzles & also provide a negative return onto the hood or chassis.

Should provide power when you hit the switch.

I don't know what sort of clips your model has but if its those square metal types all you need is a pair of long nose pliers & grab each side & pull out.

Good luck with it. :wink:

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:40 pm

I got done in Qld for having those blue led washer nozzles. Impersonating emergancy vechile. $80 fine and defect notice for self clearance. I'd reckonmend hooking them up to a switch so you can have them on when the car is parked.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Mattigins wrote:just tap into your headlight fuse, just remove the fuse, attack the posotive wire to one of the metal bit and then shove teh fuse back in.. then run the negative or ground to any metal on the car..

hard wire it, either use one of the clips for tapping into wires or more preferable use lugs or solder to attach onto the wire. Just wedging wires in is only asking for trouble. One possible outcome could be a hot joint that leads to fire....

unimarker
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby unimarker » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 pm

billyboy

the clips on the damper are plastic not metal, do you think pliers would still work?

to be to be honest i never thought about them being illegal, will have to look into that might have to go with the switch inside if they are, better find out first...lol

If i do have to go with a switch how would i get a wire into the car?

any diagrams or pictures that would show me where to run the wire would be great.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm

generally you'll find any colour other than yellow/white (or amber for blinkers) shining forwards on a moving vehicle is illegal.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Ryan_C wrote:generally you'll find any colour other than yellow/white (or amber for blinkers) shining forwards on a moving vehicle is illegal.

That's about it..... Line I got from Qld. Transport was "Any other colour is 'reserved' for emergency services..."

I'd expect this to be the same nationally.

Plus... too 'Ricer' for me.....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Nicho
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Nicho » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm fairly sure the washers you are referring to only light up when you spray water. Also I took the damper off using a normal set of pliers and a bit of force and it was fine. If it is the blue lights you are after I have seen a few cars with blue lights in the car on the dashboard, not to sure how they were sitting there but unless you were really close it looked as though they were on the washers.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Nicho wrote:I'm fairly sure the washers you are referring to only light up when you spray water. Also I took the damper off using a normal set of pliers and a bit of force and it was fine. If it is the blue lights you are after I have seen a few cars with blue lights in the car on the dashboard, not to sure how they were sitting there but unless you were really close it looked as though they were on the washers.

depends how you wire them in. most people tend to wire them into the headlights though....

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 pm

unimarker wrote:billyboy

the clips on the damper are plastic not metal, do you think pliers would still work?

Was thinking about clips for my RA's hood intake under section, yeah there are also those big round clips around the edges...

Hard to say, maybe gently pry a screwdriver under it to see if it pops out - it should be designed that way, but sometimes can be a bitch.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 pm

I had something similar on my Magna,

basically it was a replacement sprayer & it had a blue LED in each of them pointing forwards.
I hooked it up to a switchbox I had installed inside of the car(for various other lighting/stuff) so I could turn them off or on when I please.

I didn't drive with them on because it's like yelling "do a u-turn and defect me!" to a cop going the other direction. I tested it with a friend driving infront of me and it doesn't blind people or anything wierd like that.

they do look nice though, I've seen 5 or so cars in WA with them on.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey man, about that sound dampening stuff. GOOD LUCK getting it off. I wanted to do the exact same thing as you but i couldnt get the darn thing off to install them. I was shattered. I tryed a screwdriver, plyers, everything! but i couldnt get the clips out!

As for hooking them up, i hooked up my front grill neon to my headlight fuse, exactly as mattigins said.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:34 pm

I've actually pulled out those clips before when I was installing my sound deadener.

It's actually done using a Panel Popping tool which they provided:

Alternatively, you can just coil some string around it and yank it out.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Tried the string one, string broke before the clip did. Might see if i can get my hands on the pannel poper though
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Return to “Electrical”