***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Can the sensitivity of reverse sensors be adjusted?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dungogvolts
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dungogvolts » Mon May 02, 2011 11:04 am

Hi because I am old and only of average height I had, supposing, Mitsubishi reverse sensors fitted to my 2011 SX. I just tried them out on a rather large bush in front of an even larger tree and nothing. They do make a bip bip when I select reverse so I know they at least make a noise.
Ok does anyone else have them and does anyone know if you can adjust the sensitivity of them as mine only work when they want too.

Thanks Dungogvolts

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm

I dont believe you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors.

I would check that all 4 sensors are working.

I have the parking censors and they work fine. I fine they beep slowly when 2 metres away from some thing and then a little faster beeps when about 1 metres away and then a solid beep when about 30 cm away from some thing.

I regularly check that all 4 censors are working. I pull my hand brake on hard and then put the car in reverse. I then put some thing over 1 sensor at a time.

Dungogvolts
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dungogvolts » Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm

aspir3 wrote:I regularly check that all 4 censors are working. I pull my hand brake on hard and then put the car in reverse. I then put some thing over 1 sensor at a time.

Thanks for that I did another test/check this time took my foot off the break pedal and they seemed to work.
That said I would rather they start making a noise further away from the object instead of allmost on top of it, well that's what it seems to me looking in the door mirror, and with my foot on the break pedal as well not off.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 pm

it also depends on the object that you will eventually back your car into.
A small shrub or bush that isn't very dense with leaves or tiny twigs might not get picked up because the sensors don't have the sensitivity to pick it up.
The gap is so big that the waves from the sensor goes right through them instead of being reflected back to the car. or the angle is just lame.
The best test you can do is get a person to walk towards the back of your car when you are in reverse gear from different angles or back your car against a wall.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm

VRX51N wrote:You are safer to test by not starting the engine but rather switch the ignition on and selecting reverse. I fit these and thats how I test them. And there is no way of adjusting the sensitivity.

I was going to say the same. Standing in front of a car in-gear and relying on the handbrake to hold it is pretty stupid.

Jimbo Jones
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Jimbo Jones » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 pm

My Misses reversed out of a Carpark the other day and the sensors went off just as she hit a parked car. She was moving at an angle towards the corner of the other car so we are putting it down to the angle of the other car as to why the sensors didn't go off sooner.
I believe they work well against a flat solid surface and less so against smaller objects and objects on an angle

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Phill aka Dungogvolts asked:

As Already Answered by other members: "NO" ... for the OEM Mitsu type, and also most other aftermarket types.

However, the Smart Park PDC120PI (Parking Distance Control 120 Push In - Sensors)
Designed by by Zorg Industries Pty Ltd .... does incorporate an adjustable switch for "Sensitivity"

These 4 Dip Switches allow the user to adjust the desired Set-Up and Parameters.
F/R = Front or Rear Bumper Mounted Sensors.
4/2 = Number of Sensors Used.
F/N = Detection Range (Full - 2.1m) (Normal - 1.5m).
H/L = High or Low Sensitivity.

Full Story/Thread: REVERSE PARKING SENSORS

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L
Merlin Inspired Variable Engine Control
Last edited by SAM-24A on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

richo7502000
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby richo7502000 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:29 am

My Ralliart OEM ones go of way too early.....Im miles away from stuff and they start going off, its annoying as it gets me scared im way closer to stuff than I am all the time! I have also got the OEM Camera and MMCS so i find I use the camera and turn off the sensors a bit these days.

Return to “Electrical”