***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Bluetooth echoes?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

falcon15500
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Bluetooth echoes?

Postby falcon15500 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my factory bluetooth. Ever since I picked up my car a month ago, whenever I have used the BT the person on the other end of the call complains that they can hear their own voice echoing back to them so badly that it is offputting.

Their speech is clear to me, as is mine to them. They just keep getting a bad echo of their own speech.

I have tried multiple handsets and the problem is evident on all calls whether it be to mobile or landline.

Does anyone else have this issue? Am hoping I can have it sorted out under warranty.

M.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Don't know. I'll ask my husband and daughter who are the ones who ring me when I'm driving. I hear them perfectly and can't remember any echoing from my end.

It could be worse. You could have the one they put in my husbands Craptiva where you can't hear anybody clearly. Actually both Craptivas had the same ones which is why I insisted on getting the 2011 model Lancer with the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel and everything done properly and not by some chump at the dealers who somehow cuts off your cruise control and stereo and everything else while he's putting it in (same dealers actually. they sell Mitsubishis and Holdens).

falcon15500
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby falcon15500 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 am

Yeah I thought the factory Bluetooth would be problem free. :(

And really it's just as bad. When the person I am speaking to hears all that echo (I hear none), all they want to do is try calling me back (which doesn't change anything) or tell me they can't stand it and will call me later. :(

A bit useless having Bluetooth that bad. Everyone I speak to comments on it, so it must be bad. Seems like the unit isn't cancelling out (reverse waveform) the other party's speech and it's feeding back from the speakers to the microphone.

M.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 am

I would encourage you to take it back to the dealer. Replicate the problem there and that wouldn't be too hard. Your car will be covered by warranty if it is shown to be the car's fault.

You're the first I've heard to have this problem.

How loud have you set your volume to?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

falcon15500
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby falcon15500 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 am

ofey wrote:You're the first I've heard to have this problem.

How loud have you set your volume to?

That's definitely encouraging! If it was a known issue I would be screwed. As for the volume... I have tried changing it up and down when on the call and it doesn't appear to have an effect. Typically volume for the BT is around 22 - 24 on a call, but I have tried lower.

I'll arrange to take it in to the dealer.

M.

Return to “Electrical”