***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

DVD Map based MMCS A01-A04 - The Definitive Guide for CCJ

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:06 pm

I don't think the RF system will make a difference in this.

Chris851 has additional modes available to him. Something we don't have. If anything the RF boys should have more settings.

Chris, can you let us know what version of ROM you're using? You can find it under the info setting.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chris851 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:27 pm

yea sure mate, will have a look tonight and let you know. from what i have / seen / know. my car is second hand so not 100% on every thing yet. I removed the stock Head unit (Standed 6 stacker) and installed the MMCS. I used the same cables. there is a amp under the passenger seat and different speakers in the front. The sub is a fusion with the inbuilt amp. The cables that plug into the deck have been cut and spliced to incorporate the amp speakers ect... will send the rom ver tonight.

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Version

Postby chris851 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:26 am

Hey Ofey, this all i could find about version.

acejay17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby acejay17 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 am

squala wrote:Having lived with MMCS for 1.5 years now, I have come up with two 'silly' thoughts.

1. Can that red background be changed at all?

Cheers

I was thinking this too, would love to modify the background to watever I want.

According to this video it is possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzrwGXBi ... er&list=UL , exactly how though I dont know. Wish I knew Japanese, I have a feeling they know much much more about thier MMCS than we do.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:08 pm

The background colors are quite swappable via ROM. But without the right SDK, it'll be a challenge.

And before someone says the japs know more about the MMCS than us, please bear in mind that the MMCS in Au is NOT the same as the MMCS in Japan and NOT the same as the one in USA. There are close to 8 units of brands like Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer MMCS you can install in Japan into your car. A Hard disk based system like those in the USA is also far easier to hack than ours which is firmware based.

I would urge you to think through what you say before you say it.

For the limited amount of information that MMA give out about the MMCS, I think the boys in the Pajero forum have done a fantastic amount of work to reveal alot of hidden information.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Re: Version

Postby ofey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Finally found it in myself to go check this. Only difference between ours is:

chris851 wrote:Hey Ofey, this all i could find about version.

My SYSTEM says 0660. Yours is 0630.

The one thing that caught my attention is in the service menu. Can you check the first post of how to get in? It's the one with the keystroke 13131342. Go to Service page 3 and click Audio Diag menu then Audio Adjust, What's your setting here?

Then click Next in the top left of your screen. What's your setting there?

I'd really like to figure this out because you have about 5 Equalizer presets on yours termed:

Natural Rock Pop Easy Jazz

while most of us have them termed:

Classic Jazz Pop Rock Hip-Hop

Plus you also have actual User Presets which would be very useful to alot of us with numeric value control rather than our up down adjustments.

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

MMCS errr

Postby chris851 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 am

First Menu.

Image this makes no change to the eq menu just turns it on and off. sounds better off at the moment.

Default Settings, it changes back to this every time the car turns off and on.

I have played around with the modes that make a big improvement to the sub but not a great deal to treble. And i have to go into that menu every time to change the settings back.

atm Mode (1) Sub (5) Data (0) not that i have really noted much difference between them.

What dose every one's say mode wise. Is there a mode that changes the eq menu? so i can adj mid treble and bass?

Cheers Chris

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chris851 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Any of the SA guys know good place in Adelaide where i might be able to get some help with my problem above?

Has any one used www.autoperfection.com.au
just don't want so person that is going to wreck and scratch the dash...

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Ange Audio on Northeast rd at Klemzig.

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

MMCS Help

Postby chris851 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey MMCS owners would some one be able to check what modes there system is running in?

Can you check the first post of how to get in? It's the one with the keystroke 13131342. Go to Service page 3 and click Audio Diag menu then Audio Adjust, What's your setting here?

Still trying to track down why i can't get treble and bass settings.

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chris851 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Going to see Ange on Saturday aspir3 thanks for the heads up.

TestLabMonkey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby TestLabMonkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 am

Hey guys I will be getting my new Lancer Aspire in the next week and have been looking around for info on getting around the speed check which blocks some functionality of the MMCS. I have found the "Override Kit" which looks promising but was wondering if there was another option. When I was talking to the sales people they claimed that there was a way to disable the motion check in the hidden menus but I have yet to find any proof of this in any of the discussions on the unit in forums.

Not overly keen on cracking open my new car to install the override kit.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:15 am

TestLabMonkey wrote:When I was talking to the sales people they claimed that there was a way to disable the motion check in the hidden menus but I have yet to find any proof of this in any of the discussions on the unit in forums.

With good reason... .

If the sales guys claimed it, get them to show you?

TestLabMonkey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby TestLabMonkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 am

They did also say that this setting reset itself back after you turned the car off so not a permenant solution but if its possible it would be worth it for those longer drives even if it took a minute or too clicking through menus.

I will certainly bring it up with them to see if i can get any more information out of them. They could however be talking out of their behinds... :shock:

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Chris do you have a Rockford amp? I've been told the EQ menu changes when disconnecting the RF amp from the system

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Return to “Electrical”