***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Sprint Booster

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lancerclub.gr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Sprint Booster

Postby lancerclub.gr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 am

Hi, guys!

Today i was install the SPRINT BOOSTER on my lancer 1.8 and i was surprised ...!!! I though that i had a ...new car!! Excellent difference!!

This is a Greek product with winning awards:

"The brand new version of SPRINT BOOSTER wins the SEMA BEST NEW PERFORMANCE STREET - PRODUCT 2010 award at SEMA SHOW LAS VEGAS among more than 1400 new products that entered for SEMA awards this year"

"After the SEMA BEST NEW PERFORMANCE STREET - PRODUCT 2010 award , SPRINT BOOSTER wins two more important awards at SEMA , the GLOBAL MEDIA AWARDS.
The GLOBAL MEDIA AWARDS consists of a group of international journalists serving as judges.
This year, the program included 28 judges from 16 key automotive markets.
Each judge reviewed and evaluated the New Products at SEMA Show before selecting those which they felt would resonate and appeal most to consumers in their home countries.
BOULEKOS DYNAMIC was honored to receive 2 SEMA Global Media Awards for the new SELECTABLE PROGRAMMING version of SPRINT BOOSTER."

http://www.boulekosdynamic.com/eng/news_view.asp?id=17

http://www.boulekosdynamic.com/eng/news_view.asp?id=16

And here are dealers lists:

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/index2.asp

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/t-media.aspx

For me is highly recommended!!
ImageImage

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 am

That looks pretty cool, price is a bit steep but I'd love to try it and see how greatly it changes the car because I do notice a bit of "lag" in throttle response.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

lancerclub.gr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby lancerclub.gr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Believe me, u will be surprise from the difference!!
ImageImage

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 pm

I'd love to find out more but none of the links seem to lead any "about this product" style pages!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

sounds like an interesting product! even though my ride is tuned to minimise the delay, there still is a fair bit of improvement to be made.

i'll be in greece in a couple of weeks - might check out your shop ;)
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am

Just checking in ... has anyone else installed a Sprint Booster module yet? I'm considering :)

On second thoughts, a Tactrix cable is probably money better spent now that we have definition maps including DBW tables.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Still something on the 'to buy list' but even though ecutek has minimsed the lag, it could still be better
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Considering that def files are now available with throttle maps for all CJs. Why would you want to buy this? Save money for a tune and get the tuner to tweak your throttle map?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 pm

If this is the same sprint booster as I've seen on other car sites, then it's pure and utter snake oil. Essentially what happens is it remaps your throttle positioning map so that for example 25% throttle no longer gives 25% but 40%, which you feel as improved acceleration and response.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 pm

On pretty much every forum I've seen, there's a whole bunch of people who haven't tried it bagging it out, and a whole bunch of people who own it and love it. As Ofey says though, now we're on the verge of being able to do our own tunes, modifying DBW maps is probably a better (and better value) way to go.

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh I'm not denying there's not a change in feeling - there definately is. Taken from the sprint booster website:
How does the Sprint Booster Work?

Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing increased acceleration time (eliminating delay) on drive-by-wire cars by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker response. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel.

As you can see all it's doing is increasing the sensitivity of the pedal. Press on the accelerator harder and you can achieve the feeling for free.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

As I understand it it's not just a simple signal amplifier but also takes into account rate of accelerator depression and other bits and pieces like that. Either way, was mainly looking for feedback from people who've tried it, not input from people who haven't.

Return to “Electrical”