***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help installing e-throttle controller (3-Drive flat)

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 pm

lol if you want bulbs , pm ofey , his the boss with parts and he knows singapore best so you should really talk to him

yeah , labour is a killer in aus aswell
Lancer Evolution 10MR

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Look for a shop called McWell's Ventures in Singapore. I bought my throttle controller from someone called Alan (just tell him you are friends with the Evo X driver from Australia who buys a LOT of Seibel horns and the throttle controller recently). He'll look after you. Make sure you emphasize you want CASH AND CARRY price (i.e. no installation required). Website @ http://www.mcwellventures.com/ . When you do find the shop, feel free to wander around the area as there are a lot of car tuning shops there (be prepared to see a lot of R35s, Evo Xs and the new STIs doing hot laps around the compound).

As for why Pivot? I had heard of the brand before, been in the shop's car which had one fitted (a turbocharged Yaris!) and it was on sale for Christmas ($398sgd for original model, or $438sgd for the slimmer but otherwise identical model). Unlike the Blitz, the Pivot one had more customisation options from memory and both power and driving harness was fully plug and play (i.e. no wire splicing or soldering required). However because I wanted reverse signal to cancel the operation, I had to get the wire tapped from reverse lights... but this is still easier than the Blitz.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey thanks man... lol just realised my house is like a stones throw away from there.... will def check out the area

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm

I don't see how you can say the pivot was easier to install then the Blitz version? You ran a wire from the rear of the car to the front most likely removing all the scuff plastics, also had to ask for instructions on how to. Where as the blitz was supplied with picutre instructions which were easy to follow and the 3 wire I needed to attach were Red, Yellow and Black so the easiest point was from the back of the stereo as I've upgraded it. So the Blitz was very basic to install.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 am

Speedie wrote:I don't see how you can say the pivot was easier to install then the Blitz version? You ran a wire from the rear of the car to the front most likely removing all the scuff plastics, also had to ask for instructions on how to. Where as the blitz was supplied with picutre instructions which were easy to follow and the 3 wire I needed to attach were Red, Yellow and Black so the easiest point was from the back of the stereo as I've upgraded it. So the Blitz was very basic to install.

I'm merely stating it based on the fact that out of the box, the Pivot is plug and play both for the throttle cable and the power supply with no additional work required to get it working. That is, everything is easily reversible without any dash pulling apart or wire tapping/soldering required since the harness and the power supply (OBD port) are just snap-ins.

It's only if you want the reverse signal then you will need to find a way to tap it (just like the Blitz).

It's not a totally unfounded comment but one which is of little significance to most people. The only thing which would make my comment false would be if the picture instructions included in your Blitz showed exactly where within the Evo X to look for everything (as opposed to generic instructions).

Also note I am a beginner and don't profess to know much at all about installations and work. Merely stating my observations hopefully to the benefit of others.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Return to “Electrical”