***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2008 ES Lancer not starting

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

1anc3r
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 1anc3r » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah guys it was the battery. got the volt meter on it and it was showing 12.4v but when i got diamond advantage out they tested the battery and it had dead cells... replaced the battery and all fine now... and yeah i know who u are adrian lol... ash has told me what sorta lancer you have and i see if round town

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm

good to hear it's all sorted mate!

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Bout time you joined mate!! :) make a new members thread and introduce yourself :D
ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

1anc3r wrote:Yeah guys it was the battery. got the volt meter on it and it was showing 12.4v but when i got diamond advantage out they tested the battery and it had dead cells... replaced the battery and all fine now... and yeah i know who u are adrian lol... ash has told me what sorta lancer you have and i see if round town

Was the battery covered under warranty? Most batteries have a 2 year warranty.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:58 pm

the keys i would say would have to be re assigned if you completely remove the power from them. easyest thing to do is get a battery holder and 2 wires and use it like a memory saver automotive people use to not stuff up stereo coding. in cars with that feature.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Blakey wrote:the keys i would say would have to be re assigned if you completely remove the power from them. easyest thing to do is get a battery holder and 2 wires and use it like a memory saver automotive people use to not stuff up stereo coding. in cars with that feature.

Our Lancer keys do not need that. They won't loose the memory from a flat battery.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:33 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:
Blakey wrote:the keys i would say would have to be re assigned if you completely remove the power from them. easyest thing to do is get a battery holder and 2 wires and use it like a memory saver automotive people use to not stuff up stereo coding. in cars with that feature.

Our Lancer keys do not need that. They won't loose the memory from a flat battery.

That is good to know!
My Transit van recently had problem with key and had to be replaced. $200 odd dollars to replace.(lucky was under warranty) Then the new key went flat, but I left in the ignition for an hour and it recharged. The batteries in these are not replaceable, the whole module in key has to replaced.
Do our smart keys have a replaceable battery?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Yes the smart keys have a replaceable battery. It is the standard CR-2032 battery commonly found

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Do the smart keys work with a flat or missing battery? I rarely use the buttons, but worry when i leave them in my pocket when I am driving that I could accidentally be pushing the button causing battery to go flat. I believe I read in the manual you can use the key if the battery is flat?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 pm

The smart key function won't work, nor the buttons. But there is a hidden emergency key that comes out of the unit. And that will get you manuall in the drivers door. Then you unclip the ignition knob and reveal a key slot. Put the emergency key into the end of the key fob and it forms a key that works in the ignition barrel.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Thank you! I never really took any notice, but there is a key hole in drivers door handle.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm

And not in the passenger door ;)

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:37 pm

No need for one in the passenger door. :3
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “Electrical”