***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unlock drivers door only?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mitsfan
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Unlock drivers door only?

Postby mitsfan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi,

I would like to be able to unlock the drivers door only when entering my Lancer CJ VRX, rather than unlocking all doors, for better security.

The only posting I have found on the topic was at:
http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t48751-couple-q39s-about-info-screen-and-how-to-set-how-doors-unlock.htm

The instructions provided at the above forum were:

Ok, I got it to switch, it's really goofy. Just note that it's easy to accidentally change other settings you didn't intend to change while attempting this. I accidentally changed my horn sounding or not sounding setting for the alarm. I actually like how it is now, if I press the lock button on the remote the horn sounds as the doors lock. Before I had to press lock twice to get the horn to sound.

But anyway here's how I changed the unlock setting:

Stand near the drivers door, hold down the lock button on the remote and count: 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000, 5-1000, 6-1000 -- on 6 press the unlock button while still pressing the lock button (so both at the same time) and continue counting: 7-1000, 8-1000, on 8 release the lock button (but keep holding the unlock), and count 9-1000, on 9 release the unlock button. You should then hear a very, very, very faint chime sound. (its real hard to hear, so be in a quiet area and listen close). If you hear one chime, the setting will be set to unlock all doors at once.

If you release the button in the opposite order, unlock first, then lock, you will hear two chimes and the setting will be set to unlock drivers door only.
(note: if you hear 4 chimes you've changed your horn setting or if you release in the wrong order and your current setting is unlock drivers only, you'll hear two chimes which means you changed the horn setting)

I live in the country so I don't need the security feature either, so I set mine to unlock all.

Hope this helps.

Several people in the USA say they have tried the above and it worked fine. However, I have tried many times on my CJ with no luck. :(

Has anyone in Australia been able to use the above method successfully?

Does anyone know of a method that works on Australian CJ Lancers?

Thanks everyone.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:48 pm

hmmmm sounds interesting lolz
Uchiha Itachi

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:05 pm

We don't get that option with our KOS (Keyless Operation System) software here in Aus. We can change a few options, but not that.

I had that in my Mirage and it annoyed the living daylights out of me!

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:27 pm

oh thats crap i would rather open the drivers side only instead of all 4

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 pm

WTF??!!

you guys obviously don't realise how annoying it is!!! In my old Mirage I had to push the unlock button twice so all (err both) doors unlocked!

Would be a BIGGER pain with the VRX smart key... You'd have to dig out your fob from you pocket/bag to press the unlock button to open the passenger doors!! haha My fob stays in my pocket all the time... how it's meant to be!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I am with Adrian on this one.

My VX Berlina had this and it was a pain!! If someone wants to attack you they will jump you from behind anyways....

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:43 pm

lol get over it. us other owners have to pull it out of our pockets and push it just to unlock our OWN doors :P

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:08 pm

haha always fun to complain :P

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:I had that in my Mirage and it annoyed the living daylights out of me!

Didn't the Mirage only come in a 2-door hatch.... ?? lolz
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Yes, 2 doors.

1 press, drivers door. 2nd press passenger door. Annoying as ^%*#

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:41 pm

#1 use to be able to do this! Then it stopped doing it after a while. One press for the drivers door, 2 for all doors and two presses of small button for the boot.

I tried many times to see if it worked and it did but just stopped doing it after maybe a couple months.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

I think you might've had a faulty door actuator or key! No Australian CJ has this feature, never has.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 am

I actually find it better to press once to unlock driver's door and twice for the rest. It also makes it safer so if you're alone in a dark, isolated area, no perps would be able to come in through the other doors.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:33 pm

While we're talking about unlocking doors,

Sometimes when I turn off the car, the doors automatically unlock if they're already locked. Sometimes they don't! I know this is a feature of the car but only sometimes does it work. I can't remember the exact sequence or steps I do before that makes it unlock but it's great having doors unlock when I turn the ignition off.

Any ideas on how to get it to do this all the time? :)

sunstealth
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sunstealth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 am

while you ar eon the door topic, anyone can tell me if there is a way to make the doors automatically lock while travelling let say over 10 kph ? my canadian car (bastard child came with euro spec lights and a fire extinguisher talk about non sense) does not do it, no where in the car owner manual is this feature explained,well i only have a french cnd manual that may be why.

Return to “Electrical”