***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Auto window up module

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

cabin03
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Auto window up module

Postby cabin03 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Has anyone installed auto window up module with keyless enrty or smart key system?? i found it at jaycar sell it for $70 according to they said its universal fit, i know that factory gives u sometime to close up all windows after turn off ignition, coz it will be very handy when it time out and i can use my remote to lock the car and all windows goes up automatically.
Any idea..
Thanx

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm

I seriously doubt it will work on our cars...

Our car's electronics is different to a lot of cars of past. We have a special computer called ETACS that does all the switching and control of most things in the car like lights, windows etc.

And to top it off, European models get a feature where they can hold the lock/unlock button and the windows roll up/down. A lot of European cars that come to Australia also get this too. However, Mitsubishi has only put it on cars destined for Europe. All it is is just some software code in the ETACS. Unfortunately we can't change this!! When I find a way, I will let everybody know :)

cabin03
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby cabin03 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:33 pm

thanks man i will speak to my fd abt it he is good at car alarm business and c if he can come with any idea, i will let u guys know..
thanx again

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:28 pm

On my commodore I was advised against installing that type of feature as it puts extra strain on your battery. But what is so hard about pressing a button when putting on your handbrake?

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Return to “Electrical”