***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unused Plug

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Unused Plug

Postby Anhevius » Wed May 08, 2024 3:19 pm

Hullo everyone, it's been a while!

I was replacing the tail lights on my 2009 VR, and saw this unused plug. It's on the boot lid, right beside the right hand light assembly.

Going by the location, I am guessing it's for a reverse camera maybe?

Can anyone shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://imgur.com/a/qvawnpn

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Unused Plug

Postby adamhumphrey » Thu May 09, 2024 8:17 am

Looks like it only has two wires?
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am

Check out this post I made some time ago about the factory camera.

I don't think the camera harness runs all the way to the front of the car. I think you need a few extra harnesses to get you to the front. I think the join is behind the rear seat on passenger side.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27362&hilit=camera#p416913
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JaymeF12 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:47 pm

That plug is used for the Electronic Latch, you can grab one with the electronic button from a wrecker and enable it in the ETACS with MMCoding Writer, no need for the entire KOS system to be installed. Pretty handy to have honestly.

The reverse camera has a separate harness in the rear that goes towards the left, where the other main connectors are behind the rear seat side arm rest??(As adam stated) You can install the OEM camera, and just do your own repinning to connect them to that harness or buy the entire rear harness that has the reverse camera pins already installed and just swap them out. But you'd have to make your own harness from the back connectors to an empty connector behind the headunit. Easier to swap out OEM camera with an aftermarket as its less work and arguably better quality with the correct camera just cant get the OEM grid lines.

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Sun May 12, 2024 12:08 am

JaymeF12 wrote:That plug is used for the Electronic Latch, you can grab one with the electronic button from a wrecker and enable it in the ETACS with MMCoding Writer, no need for the entire KOS system to be installed. Pretty handy to have honestly.

The reverse camera has a separate harness in the rear that goes towards the left, where the other main connectors are behind the rear seat side arm rest??(As adam stated) You can install the OEM camera, and just do your own repinning to connect them to that harness or buy the entire rear harness that has the reverse camera pins already installed and just swap them out. But you'd have to make your own harness from the back connectors to an empty connector behind the headunit. Easier to swap out OEM camera with an aftermarket as its less work and arguably better quality with the correct camera just cant get the OEM grid lines.

Thanks. I did think it was a bit of an odd thing to be where I'd expect a camera lead to be, but less wires than I expected for a camera.

I think I'll just leave it be. The remote works well enough for me to open the boot.

Now to replace the headlights. That's going to be FUN.

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JaymeF12 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:37 pm

Anhevius wrote:
JaymeF12 wrote:That plug is used for the Electronic Latch, you can grab one with the electronic button from a wrecker and enable it in the ETACS with MMCoding Writer, no need for the entire KOS system to be installed. Pretty handy to have honestly.

Thanks. I did think it was a bit of an odd thing to be where I'd expect a camera lead to be, but less wires than I expected for a camera.

I think I'll just leave it be. The remote works well enough for me to open the boot.

Now to replace the headlights. That's going to be FUN.

Yeah it's silly but mitsu keep all the connectors, and majority of the harnesses across all trims from 07 to 2010 models. Planning on adding the full KOS system to my car (09 ES) and only need rear harness and both from door harnesses with the pins (and obv handles, boot button, boot latches and ignition barrel). Everything else already has the harnesses and connectors there to install for the antennas.

Headlights are easy to install, just go slow and try not to use power tools when assembling the bumper back, accidentally cross threaded one of mine.. not fun to remove. you planning going aftermarket.. VLAND? if so just ensure that the pins from the headlight are aligned properly when plugging it in. Mine weren't and no lights worked and had to just bend them back.

Return to “Electrical”