***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

enable horn chirp/honk

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

enable horn chirp/honk

Postby JaymeF12 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:22 pm

is there any way to enable a feedback honk when you lock the car? or can this only work if an alarm system is fitted to the vehicle?

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: enable horn chirp/honk

Postby adamhumphrey » Tue May 16, 2023 2:36 pm

I found this on an evo forum but I have no idea what model lancer it would work for

-----Copied from the forum-----
To make the horn sound once, hold the LOCK button for like 5 seconds.
While the LOCK button is still held down, hold down the UNLOCK button for about 2 seconds.
Then release the UNLOCK button and then LOCK button in that order.
You should then hear a chime in the car.
Does this process until you hear two successive chimes for the horn to sound when you press the LOCK button once.

If that doesnt work then you might have to find someone with a laptop and Mut software or ETACS decoder. I recently turned on the chirp in my 2020 Asx from the mut software but it has the smart key system.

Where are you based? What model Lancer is it? The models with the smart key tend be enabled through the etacs and its a chirp not a horn.
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 pm

These are the options from the service manual. I would more than likely think they are to be changed using the Mut-3

Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JaymeF12 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:59 pm

adamhumphrey wrote:I found this on an evo forum but I have no idea what model lancer it would work for

-----Copied from the forum-----
To make the horn sound once, hold the LOCK button for like 5 seconds.
While the LOCK button is still held down, hold down the UNLOCK button for about 2 seconds.
Then release the UNLOCK button and then LOCK button in that order.
You should then hear a chime in the car.
Does this process until you hear two successive chimes for the horn to sound when you press the LOCK button once.

If that doesnt work then you might have to find someone with a laptop and Mut software or ETACS decoder. I recently turned on the chirp in my 2020 Asx from the mut software but it has the smart key system.

Where are you based? What model Lancer is it? The models with the smart key tend be enabled through the etacs and its a chirp not a horn.

Thats what i saw also and tried, unfortunately it didnt work. I've been looking at MMCodingWriter to see what i can do as i saw it as an option in a video a while back. same with auto lock based on speed but I'm not too sure if its safe to use.

I've got an 09 ES with a keyless entry, not F.A.S.T so i think that might be the issue.

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Wed May 17, 2023 1:32 pm

You may be able to set those features via the etacs. MMcoding writer is safe, I always save a backup incase. I already purchased the mut 3 driver from him. I had to use the latest mut-3 software as the ASX is 2020 model. To be honest doing it via the mut 3 software and mut-3 driver was faster and easier to do. You might be able to get the horn to make sound for lock and unlock. With the lock doors by speed, set it to unlock with key off(manual cars) or unlock for park (auto cars) There is an option for both.

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JaymeF12 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:07 pm

ahh sweet, if i can ask are you using the actual MUT-3 device and software that the dealers use? and if you use the MMCodingWriter and see these settings, are they changeable? I saw a Stveagal mess with MMCodingWriter and saw these options.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (94.28 KiB) Viewed 6935 times

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Wed May 17, 2023 4:56 pm

I was using the mut software with a tactrix open port and the mut3 driver that gets around having to use a mut-3 adaptor.
https://forum.kolyandex.su/viewforum.php?f=14

Return to “Electrical”