***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[W.I.P] Custom tail lights

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

brandito
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

[W.I.P] Custom tail lights

Postby brandito » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm currently working on a few prototypes for some custom tail lights for my lancer. Was a bit put off when searching for the right LED drivers though so I am working on building my own which means the process will take a bit longer but I am sure it will be more fitted to my tastes.

I've only started working on the animations & LED driver itself, haven't actually started on building the shape yet as I'm waiting for my 3D printer to arrive so I can actually build some nice shapes to fit inside the tail light enclosure.

Any suggestions are welcome and I will be adding media later tonight when I have time :)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: [W.I.P] Custom tail lights

Postby bumblebee » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:56 pm

If your in Australia make sure they are ADR approved

I suggest you read the ADR regulations to see what is required to make them street legal

brandito
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby brandito » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:16 pm

bumblebee wrote:If your in Australia make sure they are ADR approved

I suggest you read the ADR regulations to see what is required to make them street legal

Yeah it took me ages (solid month of research alone) to find the right street legal LEDs, as far as the requirements for the ADR, I'll basically be following the same sizes & brightness standards as my current aftermarket tail lights as I'll be using them as my test subject. Later I want to do the same with my stock tail lights similar to this but a bit cleaner:

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Cool
No doubt to get it thru ADR approval will cost come serious $

Return to “Electrical”