***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

anyone know how to trigger the foglight icon in the cluster

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sunstealth
INACTIVE Member Account

anyone know how to trigger the foglight icon in the cluster

Postby sunstealth » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am

does anyone know how/which wire to tap into to activate the foglight icon on the cluster on the lancer (2008) when using non oem foglights assembly.

this question is valid for the rear foglight as well

otherwise is it possible to open the cluster without F****** it up (i mangled one up on my last car by removing the needles) and installing a led light in the proper space ?

reason is i installed a set of non original foglights (the 400$ canadian price tag is pretty steep) and i would like to have a way to know if theyre on or not, i also have a german rear inner driver tail lamp which is housing a rear foglight (additional safety with all the snowstorms we have here) and i would also like to know whenever its on or not

thank you, Mario.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 am

Heres a how to on removing the instrument cluster. But be very careful on what you tap into. Its most likely that fog light lamp is not actually a light you can tap into, its more likely that its going to be a SMD LED or something and its attached to a circuit board behind the cluster...

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=452
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

tmr_colt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby tmr_colt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 am

Yeah I second what he said. I doubt it'll be something you can actually tinker with. Gone are most of the days where you can rip the instrument panel apart & solder wires to back lighting.

I would suggest for ease of everything an independent back lit switch (tasteful of course, not a cheap ugly one) mounted on one of the blank panels in the car.

It will make life a whole lot easier for you, and when resale time comes it'll be a 5 minute job to rip the switch of and replace the panel.

at a guess with that light though, it'll be controlled by a body control module, which is electronically switched in via a BUS and unless you enjoy reverse engineering or installing BUS monitors to pluck the data I seriously doubt the success of doing it.

Return to “Electrical”