***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tacho

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Gamblr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Tacho

Postby Gamblr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Has anyone installed a tacho in their lancer? I can’t seem to locate the signal wire the green wire should hook up to!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Tacho

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Don't all CJ's have a nacho as standard?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Gamblr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gamblr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 pm

I love nachos mate lol, and yes they do but I’ve got a free one off a mate that lights up blue and thought why not

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Aaahhh so u have just a plain tacho that you wish to connect in parallel with the stock tacho?

Gamblr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gamblr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Exactly that mate but I don’t know where to tap into for the signal wire, any ideas?

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:15 am

Gamblr wrote:Has anyone installed a tacho in their lancer? I can’t seem to locate the signal wire the green wire should hook up to!

Whats wrong with the more then adequate one that's there? :)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 am

I assume the wires your looking for are the ones that connect to rear of the instrument cluster itself. There is instructions on the forum how to do this.from memory the steering wheel drops down and the plastic covers all pop off.the cluster is held in with 2 screws and then it wiggles out. And the cable at the back unclips.

But i dont understand why you would need a second one for.
You said it was blue. But from memory you can change the bulbs in the instrument cluster to what ever colour you wish if your very careful.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 am

I wouldn't imagine our lancers have a wire. I'd imagine our factory tacho runs off the etac.
You maybe able to connect it to a coil on the cylinder head but I'd think it's more work then it's worth and going to look very messy with wires everywhere and the tacho looking out of place

Gamblr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gamblr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm

bumblebee wrote:I assume the wires your looking for are the ones that connect to rear of the instrument cluster itself. There is instructions on the forum how to do this.from memory the steering wheel drops down and the plastic covers all pop off.the cluster is held in with 2 screws and then it wiggles out. And the cable at the back unclips.

But i dont understand why you would need a second one for.
You said it was blue. But from memory you can change the bulbs in the instrument cluster to what ever colour you wish if your very careful.

Hmm I guess I could connect it to the tacho in the cluster but it seems more of a hassle rather than going to my coil! And as for changing the bulbs in the cluster I’d Probably mess something up in there while soldering

Gamblr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gamblr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:05 pm

aspir3 wrote:I wouldn't imagine our lancers have a wire. I'd imagine our factory tacho runs off the etac.
You maybe able to connect it to a coil on the cylinder head but I'd think it's more work then it's worth and going to look very messy with wires everywhere and the tacho looking out of place

I was thinking of going to one of the coils there 3 wires coming out each of them one is ground, one that goes to the ecm and the other to the fuse box I think. Would I connect it to the ground on anyone of the coils?

Return to “Electrical”