***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Way's To Secure Your Ride

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Our security system is pretty high tech in the Ralliart I don’t know if it is any different for you guys.
The only way I know they can pinch these new cars is if they get the computer and key from another Ralliart, but because they are new and not many would be wrecked the chance of this happening is minimal, unless they put it on a flatbed or use a pistol.
The good thing about the fast key is if they take your car and drive off not knowing it has a smart key, they will not be able to start it again after they switch it off. Of course by then they might have done enough damage where it would have been better to never find the car again.
I think most cars that are stolen are old crappy cars that are easy to take.

They are all low lives.

I wonder what people did to stop their horses getting stolen in the old west lol.
RALLI//////ART

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 pm

I know the RA and Evo has an alarm, where as others do not.

The RA alarm has vibration and internal proximity sensors, as well as boot, bonnet and door switches.

Open any of those, the car sounds the alarm, which is just the horn blasting off and on

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 am

I have an aftermarket alarm fitted by the dealer, it isn't the horn blasting but a (unfortunately much quieter) siren going off.

I don't cover MMCS, if someone is going to break into my car that would probably be one of the last things they would be able to remove without breaking it + insurance will cover it.

I recently (on Saturday) bought a fake RA badge for my car :P

I always try to hide anything that may look like value in my car, for example my Radar detector or switchbox.

I always try to park in a safe area or near other cars if they are nearby.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 pm

stop feeding your Rottweiler and leave him in the car... problem solved!

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:14 am

tryg wrote:stop feeding your Rottweiler and leave him in the car... problem solved!

hahah, that's an awesome idea, made me laugh :lol:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

tmr_colt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby tmr_colt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Grab your circuit diagrams from the workshop manual & stick a kill switch in the car mate.

Low-tech yes, but insurance companies list them as an anti-theft device on the application/vehicle detail forms.

If it takes another 20 seconds for a thief to steal the car because of it and they run off it could be worth it. Cost is next to nothing, and coupled with the immobilizer/coded keys on the mitsi cars it'd work fairly effectively.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:48 am

Mizta B wrote:Gas burners concealed in your sills
When they break in the jets ignite and incinerate the perp!
Drastic,but effective LOL!

I've seen this idea in RSA (South Africa) and Colombia to deter Car jackers and kidnappers.

Scary as heck!

Oh yes, on the subject of thieves targeting old cars... that's one reason why I have my RX now. Some person who uses their behind as headwear stole my old car (that thing really needed an immobiliser as you could practically unlock and start it with an ice cream stick).

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 am

Usually parked on a military base during the day (so quite secure) but at home have additional measures. And you thought I was kidding...

Jokes!

DStutter
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby DStutter » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:33 pm

we use/install alarm sytems at work which call your mobile in the event of the alram going off.

You then can control a whole bunch of things via your mobile phone such as, lock the doors, shut down the ignition if your cars is moving, it gives you GPS locations which you can then find using an internet based web site, honk horn, flash indicators etc. It really is a cool system, i'll try get some more info up if anyone is interested.

I'm currently using a Cyclops P485 upgrade alarm on my car, works well with smart key, easy to install. You can also add immobilisation cuts, shock, tilt and proximity warnings.

Return to “Electrical”