***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Louder horn for CJ?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:55 pm

AH ASTRA there loud
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Louder horn for CJ?

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Just for the record. The oem piezo electric horn must be left wiried up. Feel free to use airhorns. But leave the stock horm wiried up also. Feel free to read thru ADR rules about this. If you disconnect the stock pieze electric hirn and use air horns your breaking the law. The reason for this is becuase there is about a 1 second delay from when you press the horn button and the air horns start making a sound. Leave the stock horn wired in and add the airhorns via a relay wiring harness and your safe in every state of Australia. Have been doing this to all my motorcycles and cars for years. I use the "stebel compact" air horn. You can find these on ebay fairly inexpensive plus a wiring harness to suit. You can get the lot delivered for under $50
I mounted mine under the bonnet near the battery on a spare threaded hole and it works a treat and still plenty loud to make everyone up infront of you thst needs it

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 am

I mounted a "stebel nautilus compact air horn" facing forward directly under the battery using a bolt hole that was already empty in the chassis of thr car. This photo is looking directly down infront on the battery to the ground. Hope this helps.
The horn points forward thru the radiator. Trust me its very loud and its a "stealth " install so you cant see it from the front. The oem horn is still wired up and still works and therefore this is perfectly legal in all states of Australia
Attachments
20170701_103548.jpg
20170701_103548.jpg (834.23 KiB) Viewed 6512 times

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Yet another successful stebel nautilus compact air horn install on the CJ
This time under the bonnet latch pointing straight forward behind the Mitsubishi badge and good luck seeing it and you sure as sugar will hear it once the horn button is depressed and the stock twin piezo electric work along side it

https://i.imgur.com/ZbssUc9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/69FQdyR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jC8Eup6.jpg

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:53 pm

One of my first mods was a couple of Hella's... maybe not as loud as an air horn but still a step above the stock horns.

And they look great!

My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Electrical”