***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Battery and engine warning light

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

amanda.morgan
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Battery and engine warning light

Postby amanda.morgan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi i purchased a 2007 cj vrx lancer two nights ago, last night the engine light came on but everything seemed fine apart from that. This morning i went to drive it too work and it died two minutes from home and the battery light came on. Its now at the mechanic but i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what it could be?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Battery and engine warning light

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Hope its good news and just an old battery that needs replacing. Was this bought at a dealer?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Sounds like the battery, however it could also be something to do with the charging system such as the alternator or voltage regulator.

Typically a mechanic won't know about the electrical side of things on the car, they get an auto electrician to do that for them.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:07 am

The battery light comes on when the engine isn't running. So if the battery light wasn't on until after the engine stalled that's normal. The check engine light isn't normal, but doesn't mean it's the engine, transmission faults also show a check engine light as well as a few other things.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Return to “Electrical”