***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

AWC Service Fault

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LintonK
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

AWC Service Fault

Postby LintonK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:30 am

So the other day my wife says to me that there is a service warning light on the dash so I check it out. Low and behold the AWC service light is on. I drop the car off to Mitsubishi yesterday and they have confirmed the awc pump needs replacing $2060. The car has only done 67k so something like this should not fail so quickly. Unfortunately for us we are the second owners so is not covered by warranty. I've asked the local dealer to put in a good will claim so we shall see what Mitsubishi replies with.

My question to any of you guys that have had this pump fail outside of warranty have you approached Mitsubishi for a goodwill gesture and whether You have been successful with them covering the cost?

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 am

They will only help if you have serviced the car regularly with a dealer, if you go to auto tune or the like they will turn the claim down. And also comes down to how far out of warranty it is.

OHH YEA!!!!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm

If it is still within the 5 year/130,000 (or 100,000 km if a very late model) warranty, regardless of whether you are the first or second owner the warranty is still applicable. That is of course assuming it has had proper log book servicing. This doesn't have to be at a Mitsubishi dealer to be valid as long as they used the correct fluids etc.

So yes, you can go to Ultra Tune or whatever for servicing as long as the book is filled out correctly. It used to be that they forced you to go to a dealer but under Australian law this changed several years ago. This is only for the new car warranty. If a dealership has their own used car warranty and conditions attached to it, you have to abide by them.

If the car is still under new car warranty it takes precedence over the dealer warranty until such time the new car warranty is expired. If you then choose to remain under dealer warranty it only applies if you have had it serviced at that dealer the whole time as per the conditions of that extended dealer warranty. The servicing under the dealer warranty probably isn't worth it since the servicing cost could be much greater than a standard place.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Sorry what is AWC? What does the light look like?

LintonK
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby LintonK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:17 pm

AWC is the centre diff system. There is a button below the gearstick to change fromtarmac to snow etc. The same image showed up on the dash display saying service required .

LintonK
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby LintonK » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:54 am

We were going to go to V Sport as my wife's step brother works there , but we are trying to get the gearbox sorted as well because Mitsubishi replaced the mechatronic unit and we are having some minor issues. We thought by going to Mitsubishi that we might get everything fixed together and not cost us anything out of good will. Here's hoping it all goes to plan.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 pm

What model is the car? The 5 yr/130,000 km warranty (or 5 yr/100,000 km on the latest models) counts from the date the car was first registered. If it is still under that warranty period as long as it has been serviced correctly, as explained earlier, you should be covered. If the Mitsubishi dealership says no then if possible, query with another one.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

LintonK
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby LintonK » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:38 pm

So we finally got the car back yesterday after getting the awc pump replaced for $2065. Pretty steep when you look at how small this pump is. I must admit the other problems which we thought was gearbox related was actually because of this pump. The car is driving so much better now so pleased this was the problem.

As per Mitsubishi coming to the party , I will have to write directly to them as we can't find the log books and they need this to show that the car was serviced correctly. Don't know where on earth this log book has gone because it's always been in the car.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Good to hear it's running nicely again, best of luck with Mitsubishi

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Good to hear it's running nicely again, best of luck with Mitsubishi

aspir3
Site Admin