***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Bluetooth Ralliart - issues..?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Wegnation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Bluetooth Ralliart - issues..?

Postby Wegnation » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi all,
Is it just me or is the bluetooth module in the 2010 RA really crap..? I have an iphone 6s and sometimes it pairs, sometimes it doesn't (after I've completed the initial setup)... and the voice recognition is dismal.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:16 pm

2010 Activ here.

I use a blackberry for work and personal and also have a HTC for work

works pretty good.
for voice recognition i have better luck calling contacts that have longer names as the prompt is quite long and hardly picks up short names on the first go.

so try the following.

+reboot phone.
+ensure bluetooth (BT) radio is on (sometimes you can have better luck when setting your phone to always discoverable)
+disable energy saving options.

most new phones have power saving modes that reduce or turn off the BT radio when little or no traffic is being used to improve battery life.
on some phones it can take a while for your BT radio to wake up and start working, by then your phone may not even attempt to re pair.

+ensure that your software on your phone is keeping the BT connection alive.
(think of it as a small burst of traffic from your BT radio on your phone saying im still here, please dont kill the session.)

I also get a notification that a BT connection is active on my phone. which is pretty handy when troubleshooting also knowing that a call will always come in on that handset. on my old blackberry i even had a LED that flashed blue when the connection was active, pretty neat.
K+N drop in
RA intake
SS 4-2-1 Headers
Whiteline Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
SuperPro Polyurethane Bushings
Paddle Shifters

Merlinised

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 pm

I know the earlier CJ's had issues! My 08 VRX's Bluetooth was temperamental and worked when it wanted just before i got rid of it last year! Sometimes it would connect other times it wouldn't! Quite a few times I couldn't even get into the Bluetooth menu or if i did it would just cut out for no reason!

It also depends on what phone you have, some phones aren't compatible with the CJ Lancer thats why you may also have problems! All my Samsung phones have worked in both cars! Although in my silver one i for some reason i had to re-pair the ohone as they just lost sync with each othrr!

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm

it's totally crap - not just you ;)

connects > forgets > swearing > re-connect when parked at the side of the road > winning > forgets > swearing > re-connect > winning > forgets > swearing > repeat ad infinitum

and i swear it just makes up random numbers when trying to dial lol
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

Wegnation
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Wegnation » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 am

Yep, figured as much. They had to cut costs somewhere I suppose... Anyway, when it does connect, I just use Siri for voice commands and that seems to work quite well.

Return to “Electrical”