***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

electrical problem? PLEASE HELP

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

vshufflers
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

electrical problem? PLEASE HELP

Postby vshufflers » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:49 pm

has anybody been through this problem with there lancer yet? I have a 2010 cj es that allways worked fine until last week, it was fine and all of the sudden it wouldnt start the next day, I checked the key ignition and starter motor, both worked find so I fought it was the neutral safety switch, I replace that with a new piece, now it still wouldn't start, so I by passed it and hooked a wire from the starter motor directly to ignition, now the engine turns over but its not starting, iam thinking its the ecu? but iam not sure, can somebody point me the right direction

ive checked all the 7.5 10amp fuse, they seem all ok
Play To Win

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:10 am

Sounds like an immobilizer issue, or could be crank angle sensor

OHH YEA!!!!

Steph2987
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Steph2987 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:49 am

I agree that it sounds like an immobilizer issue, have you dropped your key or opened it up right before your car stopped working? My friend recently dropped his key which broke open and he lost his immobilizer thingy from inside the key.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:01 am

I agree, try a spare key maybe? Sure there's fuel in it?

If I were cynical I would say the issue makes sense, since there's a 5 year warranty and it's a 2010 model... in saying that though, I do hope it's something simple. I doubt that it's the ECU, although it is probably the stupidest place to put it since ideally like any microprocessor they should be kept cool.

You've checked the fuses, what about the relays and fusible links?
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

vshufflers
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby vshufflers » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:54 pm

ive only got 1 key, all the buttons still works as normal, I could still open and close the doors and boot, iam not sure if it was dropped or not, my girl friend was sober bob, I was completely ko that night, the car didn't work the next morning,

ive checked the fuses in the passenger and under the bonnet but have no way to tell if the relays are working or not, I didn't see any fusible links

theres deffinetly petrol in the car
Play To Win

vshufflers
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby vshufflers » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:13 pm

it works, I just asked my girl if she dropped the key in water or anywhere, turns out when we got home the key was stuck In the ignition, she was struggling to pull it out and broke the key case, then found all the parts accept for 1 tiny black ship that was under the seat, found it and put it back in the key, now it works,

Thanks guys, would never fought it was the dam key hahaha, thanks again
Play To Win

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Lucky it was something simple, and even more lucky the little strip wasn't lost. You can actually get the key's copied, it's a little cheaper with getting one without the remote part. If you just cut the key with the immobiliser part it can be anywhere from $120 to over $200, depending on where you go. I found in Adelaide a few years ago when I got a spare cut for the Magna, that the cheapest place happened to be a mobile locksmith! That was $120, and well worth spending. I ended up using the spare from then on as the remote was flat anyway, and I ended up losing the original key lol.

I did have two original keys. The other one was kind of stolen. I went and had some belts changed on the car, and instead of trying to get the house keys of the keyring I gave the mechanic the spare. People often do this apparently? I think... anyways when I picked the car up I put the spare key in the wallet instead of leaving it in the car, and went out with a family member for a meal. Only time I've ever had my wallet was stolen! Of course, stupid me I had my drivers licence in the wallet as you do, with my address, and my car key... never saw the wallet again, but the car was never stolen either. I reckon they just took the cash out and dumped it.

So, moral of the story is, get a copy done, especially since you only have one left, and don't do what I did when you go to have it serviced!
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Return to “Electrical”