***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ASC switch

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

ASC switch

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 am

How hard is it to relocate the ASC switch from the dash to near the cup holder?

Also where do you get the panel to put those switches in, they wouldn't be very common at wreckers, are they expensive from Mitsy?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

wolfeey152
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby wolfeey152 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I seem to find plenty for our cars on ebay to be honest. Otherwise a wrecker would still be a good bet. What about seeing if a wrecker interstate has one and if they can post?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Short of a day trip to Brisbane there aren't likely to be too many CJ at local wreckers here, I've checked a couple of places but not all. That aside how hard is it to pop of the coin holder and put in the switch thing. Do you need to remove the center console panels?

Back to what I asked in my last post, how hard is it to relocate the ASC switch? I assume it will mean extending wires and running them from the dash to the center console.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

wolfeey152
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby wolfeey152 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Id say so. If you can't get a small screw driver in it to lever it out then removing the console would be the best bet

And to answer that one. No not necessarily. There may be generously enough wire to move it. But otherwise if you're good with a soldering iron then extending the wires will be nice and easy. Although I would use the same gauge or thicker wire with insulation and run along side any existing wiring too. Just personally.

Return to “Electrical”