***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Auto Central Locking Sensor

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Auto Central Locking Sensor

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CENTRAL-DOOR ... 27d44852e7

It locks the doors when you go over a set speed. They are found on a lot of European cars and in the US. My sister has a Voyager and it's a great safety feature. It can also be set to do other things when you hit a set speed.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:19 pm

There is supposed to be a feature to do this already within our vehicles with the MUT III as part of the CAN-BUS central locking system.

I've gone to a couple of dealers to try and enable it however they cannot seem to find where the option is with their tools.
and at 70$ an hour for their techs I'm not inclined for them to look for it on my money.

Would recommend you ask someone on here or evo X forums who has a MUT III to confirm this before you spend your money on something that may or may not work on ebay.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Also got an auto electrician friend who might now something, got a few other things I want to do.

So I guess they need to hook up a diagnostic computer to access and turn it on, shame it's not just part of controls you can access in the settings menu on the dash.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:41 pm

yep. needs to be MUT III or something that can talk to mitsubishi's ETACS. as it is controlled by that ECU.

There were some options available if you have the MMCS through the settings but im not sure if its this one.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:17 pm

I have an 09 VRX, no MMCS and not idea what MUT III is, assume its part of the ECU but is it hardware or a software upgrade?

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:35 pm

MUT III is the Mitsubishi Dealer scan tool.

It has a very specific hardware which then plugs into the techs laptop.
Which then again has proprietary software.

OBD2 port on vehicle -> OBD Cable-> MUT III unit -> USB -> Laptop

With the manufacturers software it can talk to all of the ECU's in your vehicle.

Engine
ETACS (majority of the inside electronics goes through here)
ABS\ASC (incl traction control)
TCU (Auto tranny)
WCM\KOS (Wireless Control Module & Keyless Operation Module)
SRS ECU (Airbags)
A\C ECU (air con)
AFS ECU (the lights that turn with the car ECU)

anything that has to do with Central locking would go through the ETACS ECU. so if your friends have software that can communicate with the ETACS sub ECU as well as WRITE then they could change settings.
the main question is how many options or settings will be visible to them as not all scan tools are created equal.

Ask a couple of dealers near your area if they know if this setting exists. You may actually have a service center there that actually knows their product.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah this sounds best left to a dealer, which is okay as it was bought 2nd hand at a Mitsy dealer so next service (making note now) I'll ask and see if they know anything.

ADDED - If they have this in the coding/software settings for the cars then why the hell hide it? It would be good if Mitsy had like software upgrades (for want of a better term) where they enabled things like this. Or at least gave people the option off adding features upon request during service.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Okay talked to Cricks Maroochydore (Mitsy dealer) and the service guy didn't know specifically if the CJ has an option to lock the doors when you go over a set speed but he did say they could look into it at the next service. Not sure if that will cost me anything extra. My 105k is due before the end of the year.

Might be quicker/cheaper/easier for a sparkie to wire up the box I linked to in the first post?

Return to “Electrical”