***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Changing ETACS settings for Sydney members!

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:23 pm

i wonder if people who replace their instrument clusters with the colour one can use this to correct the odometer?

MickTabbs
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MickTabbs » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 am

Hey man can this also activate auto wipers? Got the windscreen changed with the sensor and all wiring is connected but can't seem to get it working. It's still recognizing intermittent

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:56 am

Brendan you mentioned this could be used to enable the factory alarm system? I wasn't aware you could install it into the lower models?

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

delta_fragma wrote:On the other hand, Ive got the equipment to do it, and Ive done it to my own colour cluster. Basically just a universal EEPROM programmer and a tool to calculate the value to write into the chip. Waiting for my car to get fixed then Ill install the cluster and confirm whether it works. If it does, Ill offer that as a service as well.

Can you confirm/deny whether your method works? Would be very interested in buying a colour cluster.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Would be interested in some of these, should we make this a meet event?
Boost life scrambles the brain

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 pm

jordan.fuchs wrote:[quote:0b45ffded2=delta_fragma]On the other hand, Ive got the equipment to do it, and Ive done it to my own colour cluster. Basically just a universal EEPROM programmer and a tool to calculate the value to write into the chip. Waiting for my car to get fixed then Ill install the cluster and confirm whether it works. If it does, Ill offer that as a service as well.[/quote:0b45ffded2] Can you confirm/deny whether your method works? Would be very interested in buying a colour cluster.

Or you could get a slightly higher Kms cluster and wait around for the moment it is the same, lol

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 pm

delta_fragma wrote:[quote:bace75a3a1=lantourismo]Brendan you mentioned this could be used to enable the factory alarm system? I wasnt aware you could install it into the lower models?[/quote:bace75a3a1] Can be done but youll need to fit the interior motion sensor and the shock sensor of course. [quote:bace75a3a1=jordan.fuchs][quote:0b45ffded2=delta_fragma]On the other hand, Ive got the equipment to do it, and Ive done it to my own colour cluster. Basically just a universal EEPROM programmer and a tool to calculate the value to write into the chip. Waiting for my car to get fixed then Ill install the cluster and confirm whether it works. If it does, Ill offer that as a service as well.[/quote:0b45ffded2] Can you confirm/deny whether your method works? Would be very interested in buying a colour cluster.[/quote:bace75a3a1] It does work, but my programmer is fried atm. Waiting for a new one to arrive. [quote:bace75a3a1=shadow-vex]Would be interested in some of these, should we make this a meet event?[/quote:bace75a3a1] Probably not build a meet around it, just come along to the next one that I go to haha

Is that all really? Thought you would need to run harnesses through the car.

age69er43
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby age69er43 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:12 am

I know this is an old tread but has anyone changed there etacs to automatically car lock when u drive off and also have the sun roof close when you lock the cear?.

xDavid
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby xDavid » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:57 pm

In regards to this, my car doesn't have cruise control as it's the ES model. Is it possible if I buy a steering wheel and I have the cruise control harness, can your programmer program my ETACS to make my genuine cruise control work???

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 pm

age69er43 wrote:I know this is an old tread but has anyone changed there etacs to automatically car lock when u drive off and also have the sun roof close when you lock the cear?.

I'd be interested in this also, asked my dealer and they were clueless.

Having the doors lock when you say go over 10 or 20 kph would be a good safety feature.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Changing ETACS settings for Sydney members!

Postby bumblebee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

I have done this on a few lancer now. Mmcoding writer makes it very simple.
Doors auto lock at 20kmph and unlock upon crash or when you manual unlock doors from inside

Return to “Electrical”