***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mivec controller

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Mivec controller

Postby blanka » Fri May 29, 2009 5:02 pm

hey guys just wondering if any of u guys know if a mivec controller would work with the cj
Uchiha Itachi

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri May 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Wouldn't that be like my desired Advanced Timing Module by RRM?
Ryan_C single handedly scared me off buying their product but I'm sure that does control the Mivec right?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri May 29, 2009 6:55 pm

hmmmm not sure if its the same but i got a mivec controller from my cuzz who used to own a 2.4L ch lancer n with the controller he can set his mivec to kick in at a certain rpm range just wondering if it will work with our engine pretty sure it should
Uchiha Itachi

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I dont think it will work. ECU on the CH and the CJ is completly different. Mitsubishi wouldnt make a new car with old technology.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I wouldn't even try. The CH 2.4L only had MIVEC on the exhaust IIRC, but the 4B11/12 have MIVEC on both the exhaust and intake cams so the control system is probably quite different.

I would think that the RRM timing module alters the ignition (spark) timing and doesn't directly alter the MIVEC. I found a pic of the module installed on EvolutionM and the wires go toward the base of the motor so I am thinking that it's possibly altering the signal the crank angle sensor is outputting. The RRM piggy back alters the air-fuel ratios (AFR).

Remember whenever you start advancing your timing you need to up the octane rating on your fuel. (ie. best to be running Ultimate/Vortex98/V-Power,etc)

But as I've said before I'd be waiting until someone cracks the CJ's ECU or install a haltech and get the car dynotuned, its the safest way and will get the most out of your car and it's mods.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri May 29, 2009 10:17 pm

There is absolutely no possible way that would work on the CJ.

The CJ's MIVEC is the first MIVEC that is continuously variable. All other MIVECs, including the CH, are staged ie one cam profile up to a certain RPM then a second cam profile above that.

The CJ MIVEC constantly adjusts the cam profiles, of which there is endless possibilities, hundreds of times a second to give the engine the best economy and/or performance it can.

Not to mention the computer system in the CJ is completely different to all other Mitsubishis. The dealers have all had to change their computers just to service them and the new Outlanders, which the CJ shares it's platform and a lot of engineering and technology.

Hope that answers your question :D

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Ahh yeah I thought that might have been the case aswell, but I wasn't sure :lol:

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri May 29, 2009 10:33 pm

It sounds like the controller would be more trouble than it's worth on the 4B11/12 at the moment - With any new technology it's best to wait a while........ 8)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I think there is a controller for the 4B11 around, but pointless IMO

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am

lolz i dont even think that controller is for the ch, i think it was for older model cars like the fto's n the 1.6 mivec engine
Uchiha Itachi

Return to “Electrical”