***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Broken Pioneer DVD headunit? Ideas?

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SPARK-VRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SPARK-VRX » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Well, I've been lazy and it is still sitting on the floor next to my computer because im not sure what to do with it. Thanks Scott, I'll have a bit of a look on the web for those and have a play.

TheVeeMachine
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby TheVeeMachine » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:02 am

evil.ralliart wrote:when i was with pioneer i would have warranted it if it was that close to the warranty date

Yeh, under Australian Consumer Law, manufacturer's must repair a product that's been out of warranty for a reasonably short period of time.

evil.ralliart wrote:If anything is bought from overseas it has NO warranty in Australia

Not necessarily; many brands include international warranties with their products. All three Asus products I've purchased have had international warranties. It's possible Pioneer, being a prominent global brand, may also have international warranties on some of their products.

Sam, as you've presumed, I do not believe the online retailer will help you. They usually assist if the problem occurred very close to purchase. The website you purchased from also states it only has a 30 day return policy.

I believe your best bet would be contacting Pioneer Australia before tinkering with the item, followed by contacting Pioneer USA, then tinkering around all you like.

If you have a delivery receipt (and are desperate), you can try to argue that the warranty period shouldn't have begun when you purchased the unit, but instead when the item was received - I'm assuming more than six days after the purchase date. This argument is unlikely to be fruitful, but hey, at least the customer service officer will give you points for trying*.

Good luck.

*these points are worthless

Return to “Electrical”