***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Another Bluetooth Problem

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tomk23
INACTIVE Member Account

Another Bluetooth Problem

Postby tomk23 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey guys and gals.

Might be a quick and easy answer but here goes.

My bluetooth works fine in every way except when voice dialling. WHen i give the command "call" then a number or say a name from my phonebook, it does everything except for actually dialling the number. My phone just sits idle while the bluetooth is supposedly dialing.

I have a Nokia e71 so i don't think there's a reason why its not working.

Any ideas would be appreciated
thanks.
t
tomk23

VaRdY686
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby VaRdY686 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 pm

I also have this problem often and I've only just got the nokia E71 aswell.
Also phone doesn't connect sometimes.
any help would be good.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Ok guys, here is the drum. I also have the E71. Awesome phone.

The problem does not lie with the car as such, it is with the newer phones coming through not properly sticking to the same standards. Or changing the way certain functions are ordered over BT. There are "BT profiles" but they are not compulsory to comply with and they just "outline" the way that phones and other devices interface with each other.

Out Lancer's BT unit uses the HandsFree System (HFS) profile, and it supports all the Mandatory functions, and quite a few optional. The mandatory functions work 100%. Some optional ones do not. The dial out from BT unit, dial last number do not work. The Status Information still works too. It is not just the E71, other new Nokias are effected also, as well as other phones of different brands.

Unfortunately, the only way to dial out is to select and dial the number on the phone, then once the person answers, the BT unit takes over the call in car.

Now as for a solution, I have spoken to my Mitsubishi Dealer, who I know very well.

They have told me Mitsi Oz knows about the problem, and are looking in to a possible solution. They may not even do anything at all, depends on a few things.

They are in talks with Mitsi in Japan, trying to organise a firmware upgrade for the BT unit, but first they need to confirm that the unit is upgradeable. Chances are it is though.

Whether or not they provide the upgrade free of charge, or at all for that matter is also up for discussion.

Fingers crossed an update is released. If I have to pay $50 for it, so be it but I would much rather it for free.

Adrian.

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Thanks for this info Adrian. My new phone is the E63. What I have done is get another pre-paid sim for my old phone that stays in the car so I can redial.

tomk23
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby tomk23 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for the update mate, appreciate it.
tomk23

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm

See this thread too everyone if you haven't already--

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=819

As I reported my BT module was replaced by dealer.My original problem with Call ***Name*** still happens on occasion so some of the problems we are having is with the BT in the car.

The Nokia and other certain brand phone issues are largely due to the phones software being deliberately designed to barely meet required BT standards so it will not work as it should (like not making outbound calls and having barely audible volume levels) FORCING you, the customer to buy their (NOKIA IS A PRIME EXAMPLE) BT car adapter kit etc.

A firmware upgrade by Mitsu should be done and supplied free under warranty to all owners to resolve these issues with the voice recognition etc and the incompatible phone issues.
I am not holding my breath though.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

VaRdY686
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby VaRdY686 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:20 pm

thanks all. this explains my problems and has helped me to understand.

Return to “Electrical”