***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Reverse parking sensor wiring

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

I would think that wreckers would have them but I would much prefer to fit new ones to my car if I could get them for under $200 new.

If you find some in a Mitsubishi lancer rear bar they will probably want to sell you the complete bar.

Never hurts to look around.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Well if its black I'd consider it, better still if it's off a RA :)

I have no problem with used parts as long as they work.

We know the new parts cost about $375 from the Mitsy dealer. I still have to contact the auto electrician for his opinion, which its a nice thing to have the reality is it's a step price when you can get some head units and a reversing camera for not much more.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Yes a black ralliart bumper with parking sensors would be a great upgrade.

Best of luck finding a perfect one.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi there,

Managed to install a reverse sensor kit into my 2010 sx today... The kit was for a 2009 hatch but when I removed the bumper the marks for he sensors were marked on the inside.

A few issues with the install... The wiring harness behind passenger side back seat was a little different to the instructions (wire colours not the same) but I managed to find the correct wire in the end..... Problem was when I took apart the secondary lock in the harness, ALL the wires came out!

At this point I'm thinking 'what have I done?'.... Luckily I thought to take a photo of the harness before this and was able to (I think) get the wires back in the right spots. All the lights seem to be working correctly anyway. I thought I had dodged a bullet when the sensors worked correctly and all was good, but I've since noticed my remote boot release (on my key) isn't working and the light for the boot isn't coming on.

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the 2010 cj sx? Or maybe suggest something else I could try?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Check your fuses first and get a volt meter or test light to check you have power at the globe. The light is actually activated by the boot latch.
Also those marks on the inside of the bumper are ejector pin holes to remove the bumper off the mold when it's being made. They are an excellent guide to use though as they are perfectly symmetrical.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks for that... I had a quick look at the fuses under the front bonnet... Is there another fuse box in the cabin somewhere??

I'm probably more concerned about the remote boot release as that's a bit of a pain to not have.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Behind the glove box.

Did you disconnect the battery while you were doing the work? Always a good idea.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 pm

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Just to let you know all the fuses and relays in the engine bay are generally for the mechanics off the car like engine, radiator fans etc and the fuses and relays behind the glove box are for vehicles accessories like lights, heater etc.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:15 pm

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:08 am

Ok I've checked the fuses behind the glove box... They're all good....i can actually hear the solenoid clicking when I press the boot release button on the key, so it's definitely something I've done when I've pulled apart that wiring harness 😨

Looks like I'll have to have another attempt at wire positions.

It would be super handy to see a wiring diagram for this model to at least find out the colours of the wires if anyone knows where I can find one?

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:43 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmhpfbqokrz1z ... 6.jpg?dl=0

This is the harness. The black part came away from the brown outer (not in the photo) exposing the wires like this.... I got it all back together and it seems like it's mostly right but there may be one or two in the wrong spots.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Problem solved...had to take out the rear seat and get into the wiring harness again....made a map of both the connecting ports and noted wire colours & positions....was a little confusing as there were different coloured wires, but with a little trial and error I got them all in the right spots....boot light and remote boot release now working again. :D
Last edited by qbmahc on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qbmahc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby qbmahc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Here's the end result

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Reverse parking sensor wiring

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Someone on eBay has the genuine sensor pack with the wiring and stuff for $159, less than half the dealer cost.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162142485245 ... Tags=bu=bu

Is it worth getting even though I have a new HU and revers camera on it's way?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Electrical”