***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Problem with my car :(

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 am

Is the intake secured on the throttle body? Have a check, sounds similar to a problem I had, but it cold be something else.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 am

See Mitsubishi? Aren't these things under warranty? I swear I've heard of this happening b4
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 am

Not too sure sorry. Maybe..cos you don't want them to use some BS story about why that could be the fault. Unfortunately I bought my car second hand so I'm not knowledgeable on the subject. (I don't think I have any warranty now??)

I

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 pm

amascaro08 wrote:yeah i will go see mitsubishi, i was just hoping someone had the same issue and knew what it was hahah im guessing it would be smart to change the intake back to stock if im going to see mitsu?

I would if i was you! They try to "nail" anything so they don't have to repair under warranty

belle_tb_ES wrote:Not too sure sorry. Maybe..cos you dont want them to use some BS story about why that could be the fault. Unfortunately I bought my car second hand so Im not knowledgeable on the subject. (I dont think I have any warranty now??)

If you are the second owner you still have the 5 year warranty since the car was build

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Oh yay...but damn...only a year left I think...or 0. But unfortunately I miss out on capped price servicing (car is too old)

I

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:09 pm

amascaro08 wrote:Hey guys, Hope you can all help me. Last night my car did a weird thing. I started it up and it showed me that there was service required for the ASC system. While at the same time the revs where bouncing between 1k-1.5k. I had to turn the car off and on a few times so it would stop the revs bouncing as i could not drive it because it was affecting the accelarator response. After third time of turning the car on the revs stopped bouncing and the ASC error dissapeared however i had a check engine light on. I disconnected the battery for 15minutes to reset the ecu to see if the error came back. Once i reconnected the battery the car was fine did not bring up any errors and i drove it around for about 20 minutes and it was fine. This morning i woke up and drove to the shops and the car was fine. But when i got back in my car the whole thing happened again with the bouncing revs and the ASC error. Ive turned it on and off a couple of times now and the bouncing revs stopped however i have the check engine light on. The only mods i have are a take SRI, king springs and new headlights which i coincidentally installed yesterday but the car drove fine after install. Has any body faced this issue? or does anybody have any ideas? THe car is only a little over a year old and has 26k kms. Thanks guys

Hi Alvaro , I had exactly the same problem , I had a takeda SRI installed & had the CEL light come on after only about 1 hr of driving " But you say you have had your SRI in for a month " So your CEL might not be because of the SRI ? My takeda SRI was for a 2.4 Lt & my VR 2.0 Lt didn't like it " Long Story " Anyway I had to uninstall my Intake & returned to stock & was advised to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU .... After I did all this the CEL light went out " Then we knew the Intake was the problem " But after all this done I started to get the rough idle & the rev's jumping .... A good friend told me to do this & the rough idle stopped & has been Ok since ... This might help you out Alvaro ,

Quote .... In regards to the rough idle , That should happen after you reset the ECU ,
Turn your car on and let idle for a good 10-15 mins , Then another 5 mins with your air-con on and another 5 mins with your air-con off ,

Basically it is learning again so it will feel strange for a week or so then should be Ok . These are words from a friend who helped me & it fixed my rough idle problem up ,

Good luck if you try this & hope it fixers your problem

:)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Return to “Electrical”