***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

"Service required: ASC off"

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

"Service required: ASC off"

Postby ads18x » Wed May 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Ok so i was driving home just now and after a few mins the dash beeped and i felt a little pulse on the brake pedal, and the dash reads in yellow "service required ASC off".

I pulled the car over, full shut down and restart. Drove off and no warnings on the dash but went to use cruise control and it wouldn't work. Wont set, resume nothing but the cruise light on the dash was on.

Shortly after that I get the yellow asc off warning again.

I did a few full side road turn off's and have worked out that it takes exactly 6 mins for the warning to show up, and it shows up every time.

Yesterday I replaced the parking lights, brake lights and dome light with LEDs, do you guys think they could have caused this?

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Thats weird man.

Remove the battery + for a bit then put it back in, that should reset the ECU and see how it goes (if it doesnt then you bested us this time mitsubishi)

Otherwise mitsu dealer fail take it in
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

sicsid
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sicsid » Wed May 06, 2009 9:39 pm

what speed are you going when the light comes on, and have you tried when it says asc off pressing the asc button to see what happens?

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed May 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Hit up the dealer asap. Not worth taking a chance over.

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 pm

I can be doing any speed and it still comes on at exactly 6 mins from starting the car. It first happend at say 50km/h, but it also came on at 100km/h and 5km/h.

Pushing the asc button does nothing once the warning comes on. But until it does i can hold the asc button to turn it off and on.

I havent tried the pos battery terminal thing yet i'll see if it works.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed May 06, 2009 9:52 pm

See how it goes, but unfortunately you may have to goto the dealer :(

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

yea i was afraid it would come to that, I might just take it straight there as daveee suggests, not worth risking my life in a critical situation where the asc could save me and i chose to not take it to a dealer and wiggled the battery cable instead :-S

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 pm

but do you think me changing a few bulbs to led might have done it, like the drop in current or something like that?

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 pm

I changed all my headlights and sound system and all that and no issues.

TBH i HATE... and i mean DESPISE the Stability and traction control system in our cars and turn it off the second i get in my car.

If you need to haul out of there becasue there is a truck or something behind that cant stop intime, or you need to cros lanes to turnoff and you put your foot flat and the wheels spin a little and the BITCH decides to cut power to your engine your dead....

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed May 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Change the lights back, see if it makes a difference. If it doesnt come on when you have put them back in you can probably say that is the issue.

If not, mitsu will tell you wahts wrong :)

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Wed May 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Take it to the dealer and get them to hook the MUTIII and read the error code from the ECU. Mine did a similar thing and I got a 'tone wheel performance' error and it referred to a certain wheel. Turns out the wheel speed sensor had come loose.

Nicho
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Nicho » Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am

ads18x wrote:but do you think me changing a few bulbs to led might have done it, like the drop in current or something like that?

I doubt very much that it is the bulbs, I've changed all the lights, headlights, high beams, fog lamps, LED parkers and dome bulbs and its all good. A sensor has probably come loose or become damaged so best get it checked out

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Thu May 07, 2009 8:47 am

ads18x - I had the same thing on Monday. When I got into my car & started it that came on. So I turned the car off & turned it back on but it came on a little while later while I was driving. later on I stopped & took a photo. My husband took the photo to the dealer who said that my service was due but I knew that wasn't for another 3000kms. They still booked it in for Tuesday. When I drove the car on Monday arvo it never came back on. So I told the service guy when I took it down & we decided I may as well have my 30,000km service & they checked it the warning. They said the steering sensor was misaligned & they reset it. They also said it can be caused from battery replacement or disconnection. Hope this helps.

ads18x
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ads18x » Thu May 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks everyone, wasn't a serious prblem after all.

I took it to the dealer today they plugged the computer into it and it came up with error code for "brake pedal switch stuck"...

So the mechanic fiddled with it for all of 5 secs and said thats why the cruise wasn't working and the asc cos the car thought i was driving with my foot constantly on the pedal.

He said just keep a look out for any other warnings and book it in if something else happens.

Phew! Thank F for that!

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Thu May 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Hmmm so thats what it was... it came up for a split second when I illegally overtook someone driving 20km/h using semi-auto. I think the wheels went beserk for a sec.. or sth like that and then it popped up and then went back to normal

Return to “Electrical”