***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

front braking camera idea...

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

front braking camera idea...

Postby hobba » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 pm

so i was thinking if it would be practical/easily set up to have a camera placed just behind the front grill somewhere, probably with like a wide angle lense to get as best a range as anything..

thought of the idea earlier when i pulled up into a park that had a high gutter that i would of deffinetly hit if i crept foward too far.

i know you can get front braking sensers that work like reverse sensors, so i assume getting the camera/screen to turn on when braking would be possible.. or maybe just a switch/button when u notice its a high guttering infront..

front brake sensors i think are a good idea, but i assume getting them in the right spot to not get false 'beeps' would be tough, and a higher gutter may not register with them, or normal gutters maye give a false reading??

but yeah, what do people think? stupid idea? i know it might not be helpfull all the time, but if it was inexpensive, would be usefull now and then..

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Don't drive into things? :P

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

haha yeh i havnt yet... but would be good too be able to get nice and close to gutters, pillars, walls ect in confidence..

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Easy enough. Trigger wire from the brake instead of reverse wire. Only thing is that it would turn on every time you hit the brake.... Bypass switch... But then you need to remember to turn it on lol
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 pm

It's a good idea if you really want to max out the parking space before hitting anything, but you may just have to turn on the camera manually as needed. Do you have an integrated screen for it?
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Biggest expenditure would be the screen. Ccd cameras are relatively cheap now. I would go a dedicated screen but it could also be hooked up to av in on a DVD player, just change source to view the camera feed, or use the reverse camera input so it auto switches.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Great Idea...thought of it a few times. Especially in shopping ctrs with really high stopping bollards that you cant really tell if your going to clear them especially when the vehicle is lowered. Seperate non- latching switch should do the job. Maybe on the small flat panel in front of the centre console...its close to reach down with your finger...simply hold it on when you creep forward and realease when you have parked and it switchs off.

Flamzart
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Flamzart » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:30 am

how about a couple of ultrasonic (or IR) sensors pointed at the ground in the bumper just b4 the scrapers. So that it senses that your about to hit the curb with the gravel tray scrapers and it tells the audio system to send a tone though the radio.

JaZira5
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JaZira5 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 am

I really need something like this. I tend to scratch my front bumper everytime I park at a spot with a high wheel blocker (you know those concrete blocks on the ground). Really hate those blocks of concrete. Makes me what to get a new front bumper cause of it (maybe I should, lol). ^_^

Return to “Electrical”