***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Removing Aftermarket Alarm

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Removing Aftermarket Alarm

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Hey guys

Im in a bit of a delema at the moment. My aftermarket alarm is playing up on me and I dont think its going to be covered by any warranty from JB (Place where I bought and got it installed). First off its a python 902 transponder two way alarm system. Basicly, remote will talk with the alarm and tell me when the alarm has gone off or the car is unlocked/locked etc. The remote isnt responding to anything the alarm does even though the alarm accepts the signal and unlocks/locks the car. Ie: the remote will arm/disarm the alarm however it wont tell me that the car is unlocked/locked. This is an issue to do with the remote however that isnt the drama Im worried about at the moment...

Issue I have at the moment is I think that my alarm is playing funny buggers with my factory central locking. My car is currently up on stands at the moment and I went outside just before to go start it up and just by the off chance I decided to see if my doors were unlocked. All the doors except my drivers door were locked. I then locked the car with my ALARM remote and the drivers door locked. I then unlocked the doors with the ALARM key and then locked it with the FACTORY central locking key. All the doors locked bar the drivers door which I find very strange.

The alarm has given me too many dramas for me to even bother with anymore and want to get rid of it. What im wanting to know is, do you think I will be able to remove the alarm by simply unplugging it?

I have a feeling it isnt going to be that simple, I have a feeling ill have to trace where all the wires go and disconnect anything that has been installed by JB but the alarm has just been more trouble than what its worth at this point. The stupid thing wont go off if I unlock the car with the factory keys and open the passenger door. HOW STUPID IS THAT?

I know the Lancer has a CAN-BUS wiring system in it which (at the time) made buying alarms that suited the car very difficult. As far as I am aware the Python 902 alarm was NOT designed to suit the CAN-BUS wiring system as I found out about a year and a bit later however the alarm was working fine for me then so I didnt feel it was nesacery to do anything about it untill now.

So basicly, quick rundown of what Im asking...

- Can I simply remove the alarm by unpluging the control unit behind the dash?

- Will it affect the car starting up after its unplugged? IE: cause issues with the ECU..

- Who wants a paperweight?

Cheers guys
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

If you unplug all the inputs to the alarm control unit, there should not be any inputs/outputs to the car ECU.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Ive got the installation diagram somewhere on my computer which Ill have to go searching for before I do this, but by inputs do you mean things like the Ignition, ACC etc?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope your not refering to any controller related to the factory central locking. Anything aftermarket can GTFO

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 pm

The first thing you need to check is if the drivers door locking actuator is working. Some times they work but the little grub screw that clamps it to the lock bar is loose.

Very common problem and an easy fix.

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:43 pm

As well as removing the Python control box, you will need to remove all the wiring from it as well and join the factory wires back together as they would have been cut for things like the imobiliser if you have one.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 pm

The drivers door actuator is working fine as the drivers door is locking when using the aftermarket alarm. Its when I use the factory remote it doesnt lock.

I think the car seems to think that the drivers door is always open therefore not locking it? Does anyone want to quickly see with their factory alarm if the drivers door is left open and using the factory key to lock it, will all the doors lock bar the drivers door?

Maybe this is the way it was hooked up in order to make the non can-bus alarm to work with the can-bus wiring system already in the car.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 pm

I think it uses some sort of magnetic system to recognise of the door is open or closed.

Im currently downloading the wiring diagram for the alarm at the moment, the other version is on my desktop computer and havent got it hooked up at the moment.

When the alarm was installed, it was pretty much only what was included in the box as far as Im aware, there wasnt any sort of extra sensors put in or anything like that, pretty much just the shock sensor and maybe the door pin triggers? But from what I've found there only seems to be one and thats on the drivers door since that is the only door which will make the alarm go off if it is opened while the alarm is armed. I havent actually physicly found the door pin trigger from the aftermarket alarm however they could have quite possibly used the factory one which may be the reason behind the factory alarm not locking when I press unlock.

Ill note aswell, the FACTORY central locking will UNLOCK all doors EXCEPT the drivers door when the aftermarket alarm is ARMED/LOCKED

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Does the door lock mechanism work?

Does it slip on the bar?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm

The drivers door will ONLY LOCK/UNLOCK when using the AFTERMARKET ALARM or PHYSICLY LOCKING the door by hand.

The drivers door will NOT LOCK/UNLOCK when using the FACTORY CENTRAL LOCKING.

All other doors operate (LOCK/UNLOCK) fine when using EITHER the FACTORY central locking or the AFTERMARKET ALARM.

*Sorry for the caps, not yelling or getting upset, just trying to make as clear as possible :3

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes but you have not answered my question. The actuator maybe working but just slipping.

Have you taken off the drivers door trim and watch the mechanism and bar?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Well then I am not too sure then.

Wouldnt the actuator be working fine if the aftermarket alarm is unlocking the drivers door? Theres no extra componentry put behind the door from the aftermarket alarm.

I sat inside the car while I tried to lock the doors with the factory central locking and all the other doors locked except the drivers. I watch the lock on the door itself to see if it moved at all but it didnt even wriggle when using the factory central locking. Also tried it while the window was down to cancel out any sort of proximity sensor issues and still the same result. The lock on the door does not even wriggle when using the factory central locking system.

Return to “Electrical”