***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Side mirror motor replacement

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Side mirror motor replacement

Postby JaymeF12 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Does anyone know if the side mirror motor from ASX/Outlanders mirror motors fit the CF side mirrors? looking at adding auto fold mirrors and was wondering if its easier to just replace the motor and do the wiring separate to the ETACS?

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Side mirror motor replacement

Postby adamhumphrey » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Its not as easy as just changing the mirrors, you need to change the mirror switch on the door, the wiring in the car has to be there including the relays. Also the etacs has to be enabled to allow the power fold. Asx/outlander mirrors are different (well my 2020 ASX mirrors are different) to my 2010 Evo X
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

JaymeF12
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Side mirror motor replacement

Postby JaymeF12 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:47 pm

adamhumphrey wrote:Its not as easy as just changing the mirrors, you need to change the mirror switch on the door, the wiring in the car has to be there including the relays. Also the etacs has to be enabled to allow the power fold. Asx/outlander mirrors are different (well my 2020 ASX mirrors are different) to my 2010 Evo X

I have already enabled it in ETACS, i am going to need to change my current ETACS unit for one post 2012 and the mirror switch i can source easily, just wondering if i would be able to Frankenstein it and use the CF mirror base but swap the entire mirror housing from an outlander of ASX including the motor onto it if the screw holes lined up.

Return to “Electrical”