***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The alarm has locked me out

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Bruce
INACTIVE Member Account

The alarm has locked me out

Postby Bruce » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I've had a Lancer Ralliart Hatch for about 6 months only mod is new wheels 18x8 to fit 235/40/18. Here's the problem jacked it up at the front to check one of the front tyres, alarm (factory) went off, tilt sensor . Pressed key remote lock doors to turn off alarm. Then unlocked got in car put trans in neutral, steering lock off, key in middle position. Continued to check front wheel. Dropped car off jack, wont open on remote? wont open on keys, no response other than when pressing lock button on door or hatch about 10 seconds of beeping then nothing. Mitsubishi & NSW - NRMA have no idea. Stuck in my garage what a beauty, any ideas? Will Try and put this post in electrical as well. Darrell

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:59 pm

The factory alarm should have an override (2 i think, one mechanical and one electrical)

you should of been given a PIN with your alarm system, if you put your key in the ignition to the ACC switch and leave it for X seconds that counts as a digit.. rinse and repeat for your alarm combination

or you can use your circle key thingo to override the alarm which is in the engine bay..

atleast that's how it worked on my old lancer with the factory alarm :P

Hope that helps
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Bruce
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 am

Graham, Thanks but I cant get inside to do anything. Darrell

thanks again for your help I started a post in "New members" called 'new member - new problem' I should probably just continue there

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 am

Have you tried putting the car in PARK and testing it again?

P.S. Use the key inside the remote to gain access to the car 1st mate (above the mitsubishi symbol, hold the tab on the back of the remote keypad and pull the metal part out). Hey presto you've got a door key!

Cheers
John

Bruce
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:25 pm

I tried putting the temp key backward into the fob but still NFG. Mitsubishi just send the NRMA guy who doesn't know how to get into it, he wants to wedge the top part of the door open then put a small airbag in and inflate that till he has room to use a rod to try and turn the interior door lock at the front manually. My issue is he's says it may permanently bend the door and it may not work because if the key isn't mechanically connected to the locks (It wont overide the electronic door lock) the front internal lock may only being electrically connected. Its looks like getting down to whats cheaper to replace a door or a window. Even towing it out of my garage is going to present some real problems. Darrell

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Any way of disconnecting your battery? Wonder if that may help?
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

Bruce
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Just have to work out how to get the bonnet up

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:52 pm

The car is 6 months old. It has a warranty so it is Mitsubishi's problem. Let them worry how they are going to get it out of the garage.

There are wheel jacks you can roll the car out of the garage. If it were me I would be talking to your dealer and if you get no love I would go postal.

Return to “Electrical”