***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fit Evo x front bumper to lancer ralliart??

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Fit Evo x front bumper to lancer ralliart??

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm

where can i buy the front bumper of the Evo x? something similar to this

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/ ... dykit.html[/youtube]

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:16 pm

The Evo front bar will not fit the NA and RA Lancers in your fender mounts. It will bolt up fine but your sides will stick out as its wider. You will either need to alter the Evo front bar to fit the front fender mounts or get the front fenders off an Evo or similar widebody kit version. I think it then flows onto your sideskirts too. Not sure as I dont have one. Ask blanka he has a widebody conversion kit.

As for the site you gave, you got the wrong tags on it. Correct tags are below:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/225463-after12-lancer-gt-bodykit.html

Going through that site, the Lancer GT Evo X front and rear bar Evo conversion looks like the match you want; has the Evo look both front and rear but not in widebody form. Its rear doors/rear quarter panel and front fenders are not in widebody form.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:29 pm

I think easier just to get an Evo X style kit for the CJ.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 pm

JaCe wrote:I think easier just to get an Evo X style kit for the CJ.

i would of bought the evo x itself but the insurance would not cover it for me cause of my age so i went for a ralliart instead and now i want to change the front body and the back exactly like the EVO x no more than that! and rims! but ive been searching around and only found the rear body diffuser but not the front body. if you could know where i could get it from it would be helpful thanks!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

I see... yeh the insurance was a bit of a turn off but I found someone willing to insure a 21 y/o male for a reasonable price. I think anyone under 21 however would find it tough- even my company's insurer wouldn't take me on!

As for getting the Evo bumper, you're far better off with a kit which looks like an Evo bumper but fits the CJ, than getting a genuine Evo front bumper and trying to make it fit.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

tjoz wrote:The Evo front bar will not fit the NA and RA Lancers in your fender mounts. It will bolt up fine but your sides will stick out as its wider. You will either need to alter the Evo front bar to fit the front fender mounts or get the front fenders off an Evo or similar widebody kit version. I think it then flows onto your sideskirts too. Not sure as I dont have one. Ask blanka he has a widebody conversion kit.

As for the site you gave, you got the wrong tags on it. Correct tags are below:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/225463-after12-lancer-gt-bodykit.html

Going through that site, the Lancer GT Evo X front and rear bar Evo conversion looks like the match you want; has the Evo look both front and rear but not in widebody form. Its rear doors/rear quarter panel and front fenders are not in widebody form.

yea thats what i want like i dont want it to be wide body but just the front and end cause it will look silly on wide body as i seen some conversion photos! but i dont trust this site if i can buy from it or not! id anyone is selling the front bumper of the EVO X which fits the Ralliart please let me know :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Most of the bars that closely replicate the Evo are only available in Malaysia/S.E.A. There are some impressions of Evo front bars here in Australia like the PMR Lancers (see Mitch's car) but to the trained eye it's pretty obvious it's not an Evo.

Depends on what similarity you want to come to. Locally, we don't have much choice. So you're pretty much looking overseas to source for a bar. Shipping costs dominate most of your purchase rather than the actual part.

If you look closely through all the parts listed on the site, they haven't actually listed a replica bar. Most of them are actually add on parts to Evos or the RA bar.

I noted they had one conversion job but that requires alot of fitment work.
And it's only done in Malaysia where labour costs are much lower.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:00 pm

JaCe wrote:I see... yeh the insurance was a bit of a turn off but I found someone willing to insure a 21 y/o male for a reasonable price. I think anyone under 21 however would find it tough- even my company's insurer wouldn't take me on!

As for getting the Evo bumper, you're far better off with a kit which looks like an Evo bumper but fits the CJ, than getting a genuine Evo front bumper and trying to make it fit.

yea iam 18 and buying a Ralliart was also tough until i got through! but the kit is not exactly as the Evo x or is there a kit exactly the same AS an EVO X? because i got a number plate which says evo i thought it would be easy changing the body parts but i figuired out it is hard and now people are like it is not an EVO :) but ill keep searching and see if anyone from the forum has done this project before! :)

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Evo X style kit for everything lower than an Evo are on that site he gave. Look at these two shots:

Look at the front and rear quarter panels on both cars; neither of them are flared (aka normal Lancers and RA). Going by those two shots some company has already made Evo X look-a-like front and rear bars for the rest of the Lancer range. Cant make out from the angles either but looks like no side air vents on the front fenders either. Even sideskirts, red one looks like it has none and the dark grey one looks like VRX sideskirts. Not 100% sure as the angle they on.

Also on your plates; majority of people cant tell the difference between a Lancer/RA/Evo in the first place. Once the NA Lancer owners have their blackout happening on the front bar it throws the majority.
Last edited by tjoz on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:03 pm

ofey wrote:Most of the bars that closely replicate the Evo are only available in Malaysia/S.E.A. There are some impressions of Evo front bars here in Australia like the PMR Lancers (see Mitch's car) but to the trained eye it's pretty obvious it's not an Evo.

Depends on what similarity you want to come to. Locally, we don't have much choice. So you're pretty much looking overseas to source for a bar. Shipping costs dominate most of your purchase rather than the actual part.

If you look closely through all the parts listed on the site, they haven't actually listed a replica bar. Most of them are actually add on parts to Evos or the RA bar.

I noted they had one conversion job but that requires alot of fitment work.
And it's only done in Malaysia where labour costs are much lower.

i dont want it exactly as the evo X whole body but just the fron and end bumper and maybe the side fenders as well! if you no any site that sells not the whole kit and just the parts that would be helpful :) thanks

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 pm

You should look through the parts supplied by our sponsor ARS Bodykits. They have alot of parts that can help you convert your car... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

evo9990 wrote:i dont want it exactly as the evo X whole body but just the fron and end bumper and maybe the side fenders as well! if you no any site that sells not the whole kit and just the parts that would be helpful :) thanks

That site you gave us has them. I went through that site a little more and they had a link right at the top: After 12 Motorsports.

http://after12.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=36&sid=2fb5d5502cb1fdf02598842de856b971

They have exactly what you are after. They have more pics of the two shots above and the car they are fitted to is a normal Lancer with no flared front fenders and no flared rear fenders/rear doors. Normal sideskirts from a VRX.

Who knows where they come from, didnt get that far :lol:

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 pm

yea i want the sme thing as those two pictures! do you no what site they are on or if the ship to australia ? but the look good and will look better with the twin exhaust already on it!

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

tjoz wrote:
evo9990 wrote:i dont want it exactly as the evo X whole body but just the fron and end bumper and maybe the side fenders as well! if you no any site that sells not the whole kit and just the parts that would be helpful :) thanks

That site you gave us has them. I went through that site a little more and they had a link right at the top: After 12 Motorsports.

http://after12.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=36&sid=2fb5d5502cb1fdf02598842de856b971

They have exactly what you are after. They have more pics of the two shots above and the car they are fitted to is a normal Lancer with no flared front fenders and no flared rear fenders/rear doors. Normal sideskirts from a VRX.

Who knows where they come from, didnt get that far :lol:

thanks for you help guys! i will look into that site and see if the ship to australia :) thanks a lot guys

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 pm

From their website it says they are based in Malaysia and they ship internationally..

Do let us know if you get any prices from them for parts and shipping.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

Return to “Exterior”