***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Side-mount/offset licence plates

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:06 pm

aspir3 wrote:I hold my plates on with velcro strips. Easy for cleaning.

Billyboy wrote:Aren't you concerned that this will make it simple for someone to steal your plates? :shock: Dunno about SA, but happens quite a bit in NSW.

No if some one wants to take your plates a couple of screws wont stop them. And they also damage your paint doing it.

It is not a daily driver. I do not drive in to the city or leave it any where.

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Sun May 09, 2010 5:26 pm

I dont get why you want to side mount the numberplate, the idea behind it is cause it normally restricts airflow to the front mount, but the way Mitsu designed it from factory its not in the way at all. Dont get me wrong it looks good, but as for the Ralliarts and X its kinda pointless. But each to their own.
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sun May 09, 2010 7:39 pm

well on the X, the nose has the cutouts in it, but the licence plat site in front of the vents. They drill the holes and mount the licence plate bracket there after the cars come off the boat. US has no holes, and JDM has side mount from factory. But QLD law states that it has to be forward facing and only on the left hand side of the car, so the speed cameras can take you photo :) so the licence plat is not allowed to be on any sort or angel besides straight.
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Marc-VRX
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Marc-VRX » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 pm

To those of you who have your plates offset mounted, how have you done it?
I've seen a few 3rd party brackets on the net, but most of them are for the 9/X Evo's and don't look like they'd fit very well with the VRX.

So are there any decent 3rd party solutions that don't involve Velcroing the plate or screwing it directly into the body.

drake89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby drake89 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:25 am

i got pulled over for mine tonight. i have the bracket where our plates are 2in too long for. the copper sed cameras on the RIGHT hand side of the road wont be able to see it. not many roads have positions for cameras on the right had side apart from motorways... but law is law apparently.

Im going to take pics of mine and send them to QLD transport and ask if its ok on the left. =)

monty888
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby monty888 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Aww I was just about to purchase a aide license mount from scorpionmotorsport for my vrx!! Sob sob. So this is illegal in nsw?

Return to “Exterior”