***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Guys, what do you think? is this worth it?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm

don't think they come painted , but please don't compare that bodykit to voltex lol

voltex kits been through so many years of R&D and wind tunnels runs to what they've become today , used by CyberEVO and timing one of the fastest time on tsukuba circuit. It's like state of the art engineering and design for body kits.

What Jace is trying to say is that such a well known JDM brand cost similar to the price of the bodykit that you're looking at which is a replica and i'm sure the fitment is not 100%.

I wouldn't go near that bodykit unless it's really cheap. For that $5000 , get some springs/coilovers, wheels, front lip, rear diffuser and maybe a wing if you like and your car will look fabulous while retaining it's originality instead of being called a wannabe.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

angel_CJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby angel_CJ » Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 pm

yeah..you are right..5k is not worth for it...it can be spent on something else which give more to the car...thanks :)

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 pm

yeah , the lancer is a very beautiful car when you put some small body add-ons to them

for example , this lancer from US

Not the best color but with a nice drop , a set of flush wheels , a front lip and the VRX wing , it looks fabulous ! reckon one of my favourite looking CJ
Lancer Evolution 10MR

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Mon May 03, 2010 11:26 pm

angel_CJ wrote:@ blanka : hei..you also got the fq400 bodykit isnt it? do you mind to give me a rough sum of the money you spend for it until it fitted and painted? thanks before :)

hey mate i dont have the fq400 kit i have the black illusion replica kit.... this is the kit i like most out of all kits iv seen

kit was AUD$2500 then there was another $1000 for customs >_< so about 3.5k so far iv spent >.< thats why im fitting the kit myself with help of my cousins who r spray painters and panel beaters.

mate 5k for that kit is not worth it.. you could spend that 5k on alot more other mods e.g lips, wheels, springs/coilovers, just stuff to make it look nicer.... but at the end of the day its your money so you do what you want but my advise is no dont get it cos its not worth it
Uchiha Itachi

angel_CJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby angel_CJ » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

yeahh..thats really a nice looking..not too much..but makes a lot different...anyway the car in your picture, is that your car? nice.. :)

angel_CJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby angel_CJ » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

yeah you right..i will try to make an offer first for around 3.5k..i mean its really good stuff and i ve been looking for it for quite a long time..the only thing matter is the price... thanks a lot for the advice :)

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Tue May 04, 2010 12:03 am

hey mate yes the car in my avatar is my car ^_^

good luck with this.......just that you have to think about the price of fitting/painting as well.. theres a fare bit of work to be done... as sometimes the kits dont fit 100%

i was quoted $3000 for a full job of fit and paint i was like omg that cost more then the kit itself :shock:
Uchiha Itachi

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 am

whitemonster wrote:don't think they come painted , but please don't compare that bodykit to voltex lol

voltex kits been through so many years of R&D and wind tunnels runs to what they've become today , used by CyberEVO and timing one of the fastest time on tsukuba circuit. It's like state of the art engineering and design for body kits.

What Jace is trying to say is that such a well known JDM brand cost similar to the price of the bodykit that you're looking at which is a replica and i'm sure the fitment is not 100%.

I wouldn't go near that bodykit unless it's really cheap. For that $5000 , get some springs/coilovers, wheels, front lip, rear diffuser and maybe a wing if you like and your car will look fabulous while retaining it's originality instead of being called a wannabe.

Spot on there mate. I know the Voltex probably aren't painted but hey, they would cost less to fit purely because it was designed to fit. It's almost an irony in that money you save on buying a cheaper kit is offset by the additional costs in installation/fitment and the longer term dissatisfaction with the imperfect fit.

blanka wrote:
angel_CJ wrote:@ blanka : hei..you also got the fq400 bodykit isnt it? do you mind to give me a rough sum of the money you spend for it until it fitted and painted? thanks before :)

hey mate i dont have the fq400 kit i have the black illusion replica kit.... this is the kit i like most out of all kits iv seen

kit was AUD$2500 then there was another $1000 for customs >_<so>.< thats why im fitting the kit myself with help of my cousins who r spray painters and panel beaters.

mate 5k for that kit is not worth it.. you could spend that 5k on alot more other mods e.g lips, wheels, springs/coilovers, just stuff to make it look nicer.... but at the end of the day its your money so you do what you want but my advise is no dont get it cos its not worth it

I really love that kit. If I had a darker coloured Evo I would've gone for it but I don't think it would look good on a white Evo.

blanka wrote:hey mate yes the car in my avatar is my car ^_^

good luck with this.......just that you have to think about the price of fitting/painting as well.. theres a fare bit of work to be done... as sometimes the kits dont fit 100%

i was quoted $3000 for a full job of fit and paint i was like omg that cost more then the kit itself :shock:

Haha yeh paint and fit can cost a lot... I remember I had a friend of a friend do my Civic kit for $650 when the kit only cost $700 for a replica Mugen.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 am

I have the same kit as Blakey.
A word of warning.
The red P26 colour on our cars is a bastard to paint and it cost me $240 for 2ltrs of colour only. This colour requires a grey ground coat so there is more paint needed.
Also you will need
Basecoat reducer
2 pac thinners
2 pac clear
2 pac primer
2pac primer hardener.
Then you have the option of painting parts on the kit a different colour like black.

All these products will cost you well over $500. Then you have to get someone to paint it for you.

Not sure how it could cost between $400-$500 to paint our front, rear and skirts.
I would say from raw and sight un seen I would quote $300 for the front, $300 for the rear and $300 for the side skirts.

If you want the job done right then the prep and labour is where it is all at.
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

angel_CJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby angel_CJ » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

@ jace: may be u will interested with this one : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Evo-X ... 4aa0b31e42
:)
@blanka : 3 k for the fitting????sh*t....I come from overseas, and just live here for around 1 year now, thats why i know nothing about modification cost in here,but what i really know now is the labour here cost like hell...

angel_CJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby angel_CJ » Tue May 04, 2010 4:43 pm

@ luke: so bassicalyy 900 for side skirt, front bumper, and rear bumper painting cost only, right? thats a lot...

Alex.K
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Alex.K » Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

I need to get a new front bumper in 6 months or so as it's started to show some gaps and broken clips.

I sent an email to Talon Styling

$1570 inc. painting & shipping to Melbourne for RT extreme body kit consisting of a front bumper, side skirts and a rear diffuser with twin exhaust tips.

I read that the rear diffuser itself costs $450 inc painting and shipping.
I wonder why the guy is charging me so much... hmmm....
I might visit Sydney for holiday and the body kit & installation at end of the year :)
Lancer -> Accord Euro -> M3

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue May 04, 2010 6:36 pm

angel_CJ wrote:@ jace: may be u will interested with this one : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Evo-X ... 4aa0b31e42
:)
@blanka : 3 k for the fitting????sh*t....I come from overseas, and just live here for around 1 year now, thats why i know nothing about modification cost in here,but what i really know now is the labour here cost like hell...

that aero kit is the stock aero kit , i think your better off getting an aftermarket one if you plan to get the kit

btw , do u happen to come from malaysia/singapore ?
Lancer Evolution 10MR

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Tue May 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Ha Accolade... That 5k kit, rip off. That person will make a fool out of whoever buys it and laugh all the way to the bank while doing so. That other Evo kit on Ebay that had just the front, rear and sideskirts wont fit a normal Lancer, it needs the front fenders as the front bar is a little bit wider than normal. If you know someone who is good with fiberglass you can get around it.

The Evo kits, best to ask Blanka as he got a wide body kit from Accolade. I got a different one from Accolade. I got the GT kit, around 2k to get it here and have spent so far just under 1k in prep and paint work and I still have more work to do on the kit (including damage repair and another respray of the front bar).

If you do plan on buying a bodykit from overseas, just one thing. If they cant offer tracking, dont do business with them. There are plenty of places here in AU that have similar looking bodykits, buy from them instead if you want a bodykit.

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 pm

What do you consider to be a reasonable hourly rate for painting body kits?
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Return to “Exterior”