***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

sunroof

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

sunroof

Postby lukeaday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Just toying with the idea to get a sunroof fitted.
There is a VRX kickin around town with one and it looks the treat.

Is there anywhere around melbourne that fits them.

Any idea how much?

Cheers, Luke

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Aspired got an aftermarket one installed on his CJ aspire.

Cant remember exactly where he got it done, but i think it ended up costing him around the $2500 mark. Alot of work goes into installing sunroofs. The roof needs to be re-inforced and a whole bunch of other stuff i dont understand :P
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:04 pm

I went to prestige sunroofs in Burwood.
http://www.prestigesunroofs.com.au/

I got the Holandia 900 for $2,300
I'm really happy with it and as Tadz said there is a lot of work in installing these things. I can't remember who it was, but they were saying that after market sunroof places don't install any drain pipes and that the factory fitted ones have 4. When I was fitting my ipod cable and rear camera I noticed that they have installed 4 drain pipes from the sunroof, one in each corner of the car.

Prestige fit the sunroofs for Ford and a few other car manufactures. Tickford used to do it, but FPV don't do it now so its done by Prestige.

If your interested in the tech stuff, they have some of that on their website aswell.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Aspired wrote:I went to prestige sunroofs in Burwood.
http://www.prestigesunroofs.com.au/

I got the Holandia 900 for $2,300
I'm really happy with it and as Tadz said there is a lot of work in installing these things. I can't remember who it was, but they were saying that after market sunroof places don't install any drain pipes and that the factory fitted ones have 4. When I was fitting my ipod cable and rear camera I noticed that they have installed 4 drain pipes from the sunroof, one in each corner of the car.

Prestige fit the sunroofs for Ford and a few other car manufactures. Tickford used to do it, but FPV don't do it now so its done by Prestige.

If your interested in the tech stuff, they have some of that on their website aswell.

Why did you get an after market sunroof? Did you decide after you purchased your car or is yours better then the factories? What is the difference between the sunroofs? Does yours still use the Mitsubishi switch which is built in with the map lights?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:23 pm

^^ There wasnt another lancer aspire in the country with the black paint, rockford fosgate audio system with the sunroof. So he got the colour and audio he wanted but had to go aftermarket for the sunroof
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Yep thats right.
There were no black Aspires in the country with a sunroof. If I ordered one it was going to be an MY10 and at the time the dealer could not give me a price, so I bought one of 2 Black Aspires that were available in the country.

The factory sunroof is like the Holandia 700, I got the Holandia 900 which has a few differences.

The 900 is a 2 piece sunroof like on the Subaru. You can have just the front tilted, both tilted, the front tilted and that back half open, or front tilted and the back fully open. The sunshade is vented so it can stay closed with the sunroof tilted blocking the sunlight but still allowing hot air to escape. Good for when the car is parked so it doesn't get too hot in the car. I also had the rain sensor fitted so if it starts raining when the car is parked with the roof open, it will close.

In this pic, both are tilted.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 pm

lol when i first saw your car , i was surprise thinking that the stock sunroof was that cool :D
Lancer Evolution 10MR

slickthug
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby slickthug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:10 am

hey aspired,
can u open the first panel so it can let air in? like tilt the other direction

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 am

Both panels tilt, but only the rear bigger panel slides all the way back.
No sunroof will tilt the other direction.

Have a look at this, you can try it out some functions don't work properly in the animation, but you get the idea.

http://www.prestigesunroofs.com.au/900animation.html

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 am

Aspired that looks great. I like the look of it from the outside. Did they replace your roof lining or did they cut a hole in yours and place trim around the edges. If they replaced the roof lining to the same as Mitsubishi factory fitted then I recommend people start fitting after market sunroofs. They have come a long way with after market sunroofs by looking at yours.
I like the idea of the rain sensor. That is very practicable, I wonder if I could fit that to factory sunroof? The vents in the sunshade is good as long as they can be shut. I don't want my bald head sun burnt. When I leave my car parked in the sun, I only leave my sunroof open about 1cm and the sunshade about 3cm to allow hot air to escape.
slickthug you do not want the front lip to tilt in as it will force so much air in, it would be ridiculous. I only have my sunroof in the open position when driving slowly in nice weather.

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:54 am

sunroof = awesome ;)
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

ralliartas
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ralliartas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm

I wish the standard sunroof closed automatically when the ignition is switched off!

The rain sensor would be great too.

Return to “Exterior”