***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Weird looking?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

NotAnEvo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Weird looking?

Postby NotAnEvo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Hey everyone, new here!

Recently started customizing my 2009 Lancer by putting some new rims and an evo (dont worry im not mocking it up to look like an evo) spoiler on the back. For my next modifications i was going to put the Talon rear diffuser and an xforce dual exit exhaust. Now, because my lancer is only an ES model, the body kit on it is plain and simple and was wondering if it would make my car look weird having the rear diffuser installed without a front lip and side skirts put on the car.

Cheers

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Weird looking?

Postby bumblebee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Good looks are in the eyes of the beer holder

Abdullatif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Abdullatif » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:12 pm

Put side skirts, Front air dams, and rear diffuser and with the spoiler, your car will rock!

NotAnEvo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby NotAnEvo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 pm

I reckon side skirts and then maybe just a fitted lip for the front would do the trick nicely, but unfortunately no money for all of them atm if im getting the exhaust done as well, just not sure how its going to look as its an "in progress" build.

Cheers for the replies

Abdullatif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Abdullatif » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:56 pm

NotAnEvo wrote:I reckon side skirts and then maybe just a fitted lip for the front would do the trick nicely, but unfortunately no money for all of them atm if im getting the exhaust done as well, just not sure how its going to look as its an "in progress" build.

Cheers for the replies

I'm working on exterior too!! let me tell you, you can't finish everything at once. I know you want to see the car looks so perfect at once, but if you are on a budget like me, then we need to take it step by step. Finish exhaust then maybe a spoiler or maybe an air dam after when you get the cash.

NotAnEvo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby NotAnEvo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah im glad you feel my pain lmao, ill probably bite my tongue and do the exhaust/diffuser at the same time and if it looks weird im just going to have to deal with it. Whatre you working on?

Abdullatif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Abdullatif » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 pm

NotAnEvo wrote:Yeah im glad you feel my pain lmao, ill probably bite my tongue and do the exhaust/diffuser at the same time and if it looks weird im just going to have to deal with it. Whatre you working on?

Right now I will get a spoiler and I will install a high flow cat.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 am

If your going to drop in a high flow cat have a look here to make sure you get the right diameter exhaust

https://www.lukey.com.au/pages/exhaust-size

If you want performance then make sure to get extractors as well. And get the whole exhaust replaced from the bottom of the down pipe . If your tight on cash do it in stages. It doesn't all have to be done at once

Abdullatif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Abdullatif » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

bumblebee wrote:If your going to drop in a high flow cat have a look here to make sure you get the right diameter exhaust

https://www.lukey.com.au/pages/exhaust-size

If you want performance then make sure to get extractors as well. And get the whole exhaust replaced from the bottom of the down pipe . If your tight on cash do it in stages. It doesn't all have to be done at once

Agree, but I have heard from several tuners states that the original extractor/header is fine but if you want every last bit of performance then get an extractor.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 am

Yup
The OEM headers were good enough to get the car out of the factory and that's it.
Remember manufacturers will cut corners to save costs as it is a very competitive market place. They have regulations to adhere to as well when it comes.to emmision control as well and all the rest of it.
So yes a set of extractors is most definitely a step in a positive direction if your chasing performance and fuel economy

Return to “Exterior”