***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New Power Folding Mirrors for early CJ

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

New Power Folding Mirrors for early CJ

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:28 pm

So I posted this on another thread and got zero answers.

First I'm looking at mods and one thing I've wanted to do for a while is add power folding mirrors to my 09 VRX, possibly with indicators.

With this kind of upgrade is it a plug in solution or more too it. Yes I know I'd need a different control switch on the drivers do to the manual power mirror fold button which mine clearly doesn't have. I understand for the power and indicators there are 2 more wires, 7 in total but how hard is it to run those wires and hook them up?

Another issue is finding them, looking on eBay its really hard to find the power folding mirrors, let along the newer ones with indicators.

I did check my fuse box under the dash and I think I'm missing the wiring needed?

Also found these on Aliexpress, are they worth considering?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2007-20 ... 1833ThgglP
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New Power Folding Mirrors for early CJ

Postby Quismiff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 am

This image is of the plug which, by part number, suits my 08 VR-X as you can see a lot of points in the moly plug, and as mentioned in other threads, there is a possibility the loom is in the car for it, you may just need to wire into that part of the etacs.

There is a guide somewhere, it may be for the reverse camera, that shows you how to take apart the moly plugs and put in new wires, so if you want to make it look factory, that would be the way to do it.

And if you get the wing mirror indicators, you might be able to do away with your fender repeaters :wink:
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:56 am

I think the plugs are the same, but on ones like mine they only use 5 wires along one row, with indicators and power fold they use 2 more wires.

I have an electrician doing some work on the car next week, will ask him if he has experience with this kind of mod.

Like I said its hard to find these mirrors at the wreckers, probably more around with just power fold than ones also with indicators. Just to clarify the power fold come out on the CJ before the indicators or were they both added at the same time?

I'd keep the fender lights... or just paint them black. If you were going all out you'd get someone to weld up the whole and respray the fenders so its like they were never there.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ItsJohnsLife
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ItsJohnsLife » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Was there any success getting the power folding mirrors working on the 08 VRX?

Return to “Exterior”