***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Avoid Mars Performance like the PLAGUE!

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Avoid Mars Performance like the PLAGUE!

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm

That slow?!?! bloody hell. i know some are a bit dodgy but that next level

Fairly sure you can ping them for something under products and services, there is something about if the product isn't whats advertised/ isn't what you ordered, by law they have to refund or exchange. dig into it and see what you can find. for something that price you can really let it go. well i wouldn't
Thanks for the heads up though
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

I've had a lot of trouble with some of the non-genuine exterior body parts. Recently messed up my front air dams/pod things from bodykitskingdom and haven't been able to get a nice fitting set again. Might see if Mitsubishi close to my work will sell me some as I don't believe VRX parts would be restricted... (Anyone know?)

It sucks seeing this though. Had a mate with the Evo Replica Rear from Mars Performance which seemed to have a pretty much perfect fit but I never really took much noticed of how well put together it was. Seemed to be pretty spot on. If only I could check now but his car was written off! I know the LED rear lights he had were 100% awesome though. Just be careful with aftermarket body kits/pieces everyone.

The only really good seller I know its Scorpion Motorsports who are based in Singapore. The front lip (sits between the VRX pods) I got from them is actually really REALLY nice. I would suggest checking them out for any parts. Might be able to upload some pictures of the front lip I bought from them if anyone is interested in quality.

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:47 pm

you should be calling the department of fair trade australia. they have to either give you a refund or supply all the correct parts under australian law. make sure you have copies of websites or conversations stating that all the missing parts are meant to come with what you purchased.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:31 am

Bumpers shouldn't shatter, I doubt it would meet Australian design requirements. It could be the plastic responds to crash tests when new, but perishes in sunlight like any non-UV stabilised plastic.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

valkyria
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby valkyria » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 am

I was planning on getting a rear and front bumper from them, they can't be that bad?

Return to “Exterior”