***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Repainting Ralliart Rear Bumper

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: Repainting Ralliart Rear Bumper

Postby Stevie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 pm

RA and EVO rear muffler/dual exit will NOT fit your car without some work done to it. It seems to hang much lower, as in meets with the bottom of the tires low. I don't believe having it fixed up is worth it, as you can get a custom made stainless one for around the $400-600, made to your tastes with tip size, volume etc etc.

As others have said, RA Rear bar is a direct fit. No additional requirements, only issue I had was with the rear number plate light socket not matching my 08 ES (12 RA). I just cut the RA one and replaced with with my ES cabling.

Painting can cost a lot but the guy who said around the $300 mark is pretty correct, can be more can be less depending on who you know.

RA Snorkel, if you can source it for around $80-100, go for it. If you can't find a wrecker I recommend one from an ebay seller (Name is amayamajapan), I purchased it and it's literally perfect fitment and supposedly genuine also, but I have no way of telling. It fits perfectly though and feels solid. Whether you get it from a wrecker or not you may need to source new rivet/screw fitting things. The name always escapes me but you can find some generic ones that fit fine for a couple of dollars at somewhere like AutoOne or the other generic car shops. As with the two holding your current snorkel, only one will fit properly/securely.

Any questions let me know, I can send a couple of pictures your way of what my rear looks like with the custom dual exit and the snorkel (I got it from the seller) if need be.

Goodluck bud, the rear will look mint on your ride.

Return to “Exterior”