***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Need help with tips and ideas for my lancer

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dancovo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Need help with tips and ideas for my lancer

Postby Dancovo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Hey everyone,
was just wondering if you are able to offer me any tips and/or ideas in modifications i can do to my lancer, preferably modifications that aren't overaly expensive as i don't have a massive budget, but i'm open to all ideas and thoughts
thanks

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Need help with tips and ideas for my lancer

Postby Mooman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:29 am

The car looks good with those wheels but I can't help notice aerial is bent.

You can get beesting or stubby aerials that give the car a sleeker look and be less prone to damage. I have the Autotechnica smart antenna. It fits ok but leaves a gap between the base and conical mounting of antenna, I used plastic rings from an RC car shocks to fill the space but the same could be done with washers. I also used loctite on it to stop theft. Works ok but in low reception areas it can suffer.

Another simple and cheap mod is the windscreen wipers. Bosch and Tridon make replacement wiper arms that convert from the metal arms to flat spring type blades like on most European cars. Look for hook type flex wipers, drivers side 22 inch passengers 18 inch. Again a sleeker look and they also keep rain off much better.

And last simple/cheap idea is a exhaust tip. Can get a push on tip to fit a 2 1/8 inch (54mm) in your preferred style.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey everyone,
was just wondering if you are able to offer me any tips and/or ideas in modifications i can do to my lancer, preferably modifications that aren't overaly expensive as i don't have a massive budget, but i'm open to all ideas and thoughts
thanks[/quote]

If Victoria, black and white slim line number plates look great complete cost $150. if your car is ES sport, sport badges on boot lid and on sides just below side turn indicators add Bling for just $20 each (Suzuki badges) . This and many other items can be found under DIY and General headings. Engine wise a RA inlet snorkel looks the part and works well $175 new from Mitsubishi, worth doing. :D

Dancovo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Dancovo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:24 pm

sarusa wrote:Hey everyone,
thanks

If Victoria, black and white slim line number plates look great complete cost $150. if your car is ES sport, sport badges on boot lid and on sides just below side turn indicators add Bling for just $20 each (Suzuki badges) . This and many other items can be found under DIY and General headings. Engine wise a RA inlet snorkel looks the part and works well $175 new from Mitsubishi, worth doing. :D[/quote]

Thanks, these badges would probably look good

Dancovo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Dancovo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Mooman wrote:The car looks good with those wheels but I can't help notice aerial is bent.

You can get beesting or stubby aerials that give the car a sleeker look and be less prone to damage. I have the Autotechnica smart antenna. It fits ok but leaves a gap between the base and conical mounting of antenna, I used plastic rings from an RC car shocks to fill the space but the same could be done with washers. I also used loctite on it to stop theft. Works ok but in low reception areas it can suffer.

Another simple and cheap mod is the windscreen wipers. Bosch and Tridon make replacement wiper arms that convert from the metal arms to flat spring type blades like on most European cars. Look for hook type flex wipers, drivers side 22 inch passengers 18 inch. Again a sleeker look and they also keep rain off much better.

And last simple/cheap idea is a exhaust tip. Can get a push on tip to fit a 2 1/8 inch (54mm) in your preferred style.

Yea exhaust is something I am defenetly gonna do to the car which will look nice and thanks for the tips

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm

]Rally-Art induction snorkel $175 new from Mitsubishi worth every cent simple direct fit. Improvement to sound and performance ie: smoother take off etc:. Needs extra holes in panel at the front opening for best results. pictures and DIYs etc are available in existing forums.

Currently adding Bling to my car will be entering those in with pics when complete. :D

Image[img
Image Chrome moulding, dash and doors
Image Whiteline tower brace also shows snorkel and holesin front panel and painted covers use normal paint no need heat resistant.

Return to “Exterior”