***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CF lancer bumper to CJ?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ap81
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

CF lancer bumper to CJ?

Postby ap81 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:05 pm

So I'm loving the look of the new CF Lancer (it kinda has an Evo 4/5 look to it.... well that's what I can see anyway) and just wondering if it would be a straight swap for the CJ 2013/2014 (ie fake ralliart style) front end?

edit: will there be a new sub-forum for CF lancers?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 pm

ap81 wrote:So Im loving the look of the new CF Lancer (it kinda has an Evo 4/5 look to it.... well thats what I can see anyway) and just wondering if it would be a straight swap for the CJ 2013/2014 (ie fake ralliart style) front end? edit: will there be a new sub-forum for CF lancers?

Yes it will be a straight fit. Looking at the styling it is only the front bumper and accessories like fog lights. The new lancer is only a face lift.

It would be good to get the schematic drawing and part numbers from Mitsubishi for the new front end.

I'm not sure if admin are looking at adding another section to the forum. I do know they are looking for a new format for the forum which is easier to manage. once they have this then they may add the new model section.

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:22 pm

But but but it's no longer a CJ...
I suspect the club will need a new name.. Club CF perhaps, to avoid being associated with the inferior Club CJ.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Wait... They changed the chassis code just because they put new bumpers on it?

Lol.

ap81
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ap81 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:33 pm

noob question but... will the bumpers only come in white and need painting to match my colour?

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: CF lancer bumper to CJ?

Postby sarusa » Sun May 29, 2016 11:26 am

Externally The CF is just a face lift with new front bumper and fitments that go with it and a chrome embellishment at the bottom of the boot lid, re introduced from way back when.
Also raised ES specs: with now one spec model less and prices up a margin but OK considering the extras you get, especially on the ES.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: CF lancer bumper to CJ?

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Dumb question but why is it the CF Lancer, normally they go up so CJ then, CK or CL. Or maybe Mitsubishi is admitting its a backward step so went back a few letters to CF?

If you really want the look of a late CJ them why not save a packet and get a 1-2 year old CJ or ask if any dealers have old stock going cheap?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Exterior”