***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Side repeaters metal grill like

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

davidb
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Side repeaters metal grill like

Postby davidb » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:19 am

Hi, I've seen a lancer with side repeaters that look like metal grills, they seem to fit like original equipment. I've scoured the internet and can't find any like them. I'll post a picture when I see the car again. Can anyone help please.
db

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 am

If you're referring to the indicators, then yeah, on the 2014 and 2015 models, they got a small upgrade. They do look cool actually.

http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details ... 5393/?Cr=6
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Can't use them on older CJs as you need the indicators by law, unless you go to the trouble of installing new mirrors with them.

Personally I would have preferred Mitsy to just delete the hole in the panel but I guess that was too expensive to make that panel change?

Short of that if I had a newer CJ I'd take it off and paint it black, enough with the chrome!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 pm

where the chrome part is on the newest model CJ's you can get the indicators that are on the older CJ's to replace the chrome part as the wiring is still there for them did that for my best mate who has the 2015 CJ

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 pm

davidb wrote:Hi, Ive seen a lancer with side repeaters that look like metal grills, they seem to fit like original equipment. Ive scoured the internet and cant find any like them. Ill post a picture when I see the car again. Can anyone help please.

I brought a pair of these then decided not to fit them. Still have them if your interested, I\'ll find a photo or link to my old for sale thread.

Here you go, they are in here:

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=17154 ... ogirl+sale
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:11 am

Mitch wrote:where the chrome part is on the newest model CJs you can get the indicators that are on the older CJs to replace the chrome part as the wiring is still there for them did that for my best mate who has the 2015 CJ

So Mitsy was so lazy they didn't even change the wiring, well I guess this is go for those who want them back, just go on eBay and get some smoked ones for like $35 or less.

danski
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby danski » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Part num for those "grilles" is 7405A646 :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:24 am

I'm so disappointed with Mitsubishi decision to leave the front guards with the crease and hole for the indicators. After 9 years their press tools must be up for an upgrade. It would have been very easy to remove the crease and the hole rather than put a tacky plastic chrome cover

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:42 am

With the recent design changes to the CJ they must be the laziest car company in the world, with it's entire run not one bit of metal panel has been changed, hell they didn't even change the rear bumper for this years 'new' model.

First thing I'd do with a new one is pop out the chrome and paint them black or color code to match the paint.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re:

Postby sarusa » Sun May 29, 2016 11:09 am

Lancer1993 wrote:Can't use them on older CJs as you need the indicators by law, unless you go to the trouble of installing new mirrors with them.

Personally I would have preferred Mitsy to just delete the hole in the panel but I guess that was too expensive to make that panel change?
Short of that if I had a newer CJ I'd take it off and paint it black, enough with the chrome!

I have a MY15 Lancer with indicators in mirrors and like the chrome replacement piece.
Considering adding to it, a bit either side of it, representing a lance with existing piece representing a shield!?

Currently looks great already with my Sport badge under it.

Image :D

Return to “Exterior”