***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Chrome garishes where side repeaters used to be

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lofty
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Chrome garishes where side repeaters used to be

Postby Lofty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:23 pm

Does the chrome garish on the side of the front quarter panel (where the indicator used to be before it was moved to the mirrors) just pop out?

I want to plastidip it black. Or I might even chuck some smoked indicators in there (I know they won't be hooked up).

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:59 am

Sorry can't help but I'd just like to say it is a bit lazy by Mitsubishi to not even bother changing the panel to remove the hole for the indicators. Yes I know it means a whole new press for those panels but really after 7-8 years it's the least they could have done considering they have done bugger all to change the design of the CJ since 2007.

Sorry mini rant over.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Mark14
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mark14 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 am

You don't need to take it out to plasti dip it. Just tape a square or rectangle around the chrome, leaving atleast 4cm from each edge of the chrome and plasti dip the entire square, which has the chrome inside it. Then after 5-6 layers of plasti dip, peel off the square around the chrome and it should naturally seperate, ie. none of the plasti dip on the chrome should come off. I did it myself, it's not very hard :)

Return to “Exterior”