***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HELP! Need help finding a Evo x rear bumper for my 2010 CJ

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

HELP! Need help finding a Evo x rear bumper for my 2010 CJ

Postby Evo_Girl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:13 am

Hi guys, so my car got rear ended in April and I currently have an after market Evo X kit on it. It has been a nightmare trying to find another rear bumper that fits. I have tried Bodykits Kingdom who sent 2 and both didn't fit, I have called Mars Performance, Talon Bodykits and Car Mate and all 3 said they don't sell them any more due to poor quality. The insurance now gave me 2 options...Either they give me the money and I do what I want or I put the standard bar back on which I do not want to do as I have spent a lot of money getting my car how I want it. Can anyone PLEASE recommend any other place in Australia that might have an EVO X rear bumper that will fit a 2010 CJ. Thanks in advance!

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Surprised that Mars performance don't sell them anymore...news to me.

Yeah...BKK - doesn't surprise me...and Talon...lol

Maybe try and find a wrecked evo if you are lucky enough!
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:50 pm

wrecked evo wont do it belle, a std evo bar wont fit RA`s or NA`s
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Evo_Girl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm

I got my last bar from Bodykits kingdom and I was very lucky as it was an almost perfect fit. It only needed minor modification. But the ones he has now won't even go onto my car. The insurance company is willing to do modifications to the bar the problem is finding on that fits.

I was thinking about an original RA or EVO bumper but the insurance company already looked into it and they are refusing to pay that much for it.

Mitsubishi sent us another bar that they use for kit cars and EVO's and it was a perfect fit but...the piece that went under the car was so long that there was no space for the exhaust.

Yeah I was surprised about Mars Performance as they are selling a full EVO kit on EBAY but when we called they said they don't sell em any more.

I asked NRMA if I could order from overseas but they won't because of the risks.

I have now found one at Sydney Special Vehicles who claim that they have sold hundreds and never had a problem so fingers crossed this one fits...

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT LET BOYFRIEND DRIVE CAR EVER AGAIN!!!!

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 pm

As long as no one got hurt? In the end, cars are cars (yes...they are like our babies....but still..)

Yeh...I found SSV to be expensive but if insurance is paying then it should be ok..

Can you work out a deal where you can get a genuine bar from Mitsubishi but pay the difference (total cost - insurance contribution = your input) ??

My front bar and front lip both had fitment issues from BKK.
My rear diffuser had fitment issues from Talon...plus the guy I was dealing with was a prick but he left anyway

What about car mate? Mixed reviews as like any other business but don't seem too bad....shipping may be a bit pricey but you can always ask

I

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:31 pm

sleeper wrote:wrecked evo wont do it belle, a std evo bar wont fit RA`s or NA`s

D'oh!!!! Forgot that part

I

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Evo_Girl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Nah no one got hurt...It was a pretty minor accident not much damage.

I tried car mate and they also said that they don't sell em anymore due to quality issues. But I have a feeling that they where scared off by the words "insurance company"

If I had to chip in for the genuine bar I would have had to fork out $2500...The original EVO bar is around $4000 and the RA one is $3000 because the plastic is different or something.

Yeah SSV are expensive but as you say if the insurance company is paying I don't really care. I pay my premium every year so tough and it wasn't my partners fault so they will be claiming the money back from the other drivers insurance anyway so they won't be losing any money anyway.

I just hope they don't have any issues with this bar from SSV cause it's been over 3 months just trying to get one that will go onto the car or that doesn't need to be modified almost completely.

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:00 pm

what the? surely a rear bar is not that expensive

thought they are under 1k for the RA bar
燒

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Kyrus wrote:"]what the? surely a rear bar is not that expensive thought they are under 1k for the RA bar

+1. It's definitely not that expensive. From memory, when I was looking at upgrading mine, I was quoted about $1000 by my local panel beater. And that is painted + fitted.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:13 pm

the last time i bought a RA bar it was $500ish plus painting, so yeah less than $1000 i`d say
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Or get the money and buy from Rainbow Pen on FB. So far they didn't had any complains about fitment and they are pretty reasonable in price, postage frame is pretty short and material is close if not same as OEM
Hope this helps!

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:01 pm

^would have thought after market kits are fiberglass and oem kits are plastic?
燒

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Evo_Girl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:05 pm

When the insurance company told me the prices I almost fell off my chair. I didn't think it was anywhere close to that much not even for genuine OEM parts.

So either Mitsubishi are lying or the insurance company is. The insurance company keep telling me I have to put the standard bar back on but I refuse. I am with NRMA because they insure modified cars. So far I have been the one calling and looking around for a rear bar. I am pretty much doing their work for them. But if I don't they just go back to square one which is replacing it with the standard bar.

They did say that if we can't find a bar that they will give me the money and I can do what I want then but I am hoping it won't come to that.

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Why don't you call Mitsubishi yourself and ask how much a RA rear bumper is rather than take the word of the insurance company about it?
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

Return to “Exterior”